30th Tony Awards
|30th Tony Awards|
|Date||April 18, 1976|
New York City, New York
|Host||Eddie Albert, Richard Burton, Jane Fonda, Diana Rigg, George C. Scott and Trish Van Devere|
The 30th Annual Tony Awards was held at the Shubert Theatre on April 18, 1976 and broadcast by ABC television. Hosts were Eddie Albert, Richard Burton, Jane Fonda, Diana Rigg, George C. Scott and Trish Van Devere.
Presenters: Alan Arkin, Clifton Davis, Bonnie Franklin, Celeste Holm, Cloris Leachman, Michele Lee, Jerry Lewis, Hal Linden, Mary Martin, Mike Nichols, Christopher Plummer, Vanessa Redgrave, Marlo Thomas, Leslie Uggams.
- A Chorus Line ("I Hope I Get It"/"One" - Company)
- Bubbling Brown Sugar ("Sweet Georgia Brown" - Vivian Reed, Lonnie McNeil, Newton Winters)
- Chicago ("All I Care About" - Jerry Orbach and Company)
- Pacific Overtures ("Advantages of Floating in the Middle of the Sea" - Mako and Company)
Winners and nominees
Winners are in bold
- Lawrence Langner Award Winner (Lifetime Achievement in Theatre) - George Abbott
- Regional Theatre Award - The Arena Stage, Washington, D.C. (This award takes note of the company's balanced program of distinguished revivals and a broad spectrum of new works and American premieres of important foreign plays.)
- Mathilde Pincus, for outstanding service to the Broadway musical theatre
- Thomas H. Fitzgerald, to the gifted lighting technician of countless Broadway shows and many Tony telecasts. (Posthumous)
- Circle in the Square, for twenty-five continuous years of quality productions.
- Richard Burton