|Frequent-flyer program||Isaruuk Reward Program|
|Company slogan||Let us take you there...|
|Parent company||Makivik Corporation|
|Key people||Pita Aatami (President, Air Inuit)|
Air Inuit (Inuktitut: ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᖃᖓᑦᑕᔪᖏᑦ) is an airline based in Dorval, Quebec, Canada. It operates domestic passenger services and charter and cargo services in Nunavik and Nunavut. Its main base is Kuujjuaq Airport.
The airline was established and started operations in 1978 using a de Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver aircraft. The airline is collectively owned by the Inuit of Nunavik through the Makivik Corporation.
Air Inuit operates scheduled services to the following domestic destinations (September 2012):
- Akulivik (Akulivik Airport)
- Aupaluk (Aupaluk Airport)
- Inukjuak (Inukjuak Airport)
- Ivujivik (Ivujivik Airport)
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport)
- Kangiqsujuaq (Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport)
- Kangirsuk (Kangirsuk Airport)
- Kuujjuaq (Kuujjuaq Airport)
- Kuujjuarapik (Kuujjuarapik Airport)
- Radisson (La Grande Rivière Airport)
- Montreal (Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport)
- Puvirnituq (Puvirnituq Airport)
- Quaqtaq (Quaqtaq Airport)
- Quebec City (Québec/Jean Lesage International Airport)
- Salluit (Salluit Airport)
- Schefferville (Schefferville Airport)
- Sept-Îles (Sept-Îles Airport)
- Tasiujuaq (Tasiujaq Airport)
- Umiujaq (Umiujaq Airport)
Air Inuit also offers other charter services to anywhere in Canada, the United States and abroad.
The Air Inuit fleet includes the following aircraft (as of September 2012)
|DHC6 Twin Otter||7||300 Series||19 seats maximum, 3,200 lbs cargo|
|Avro 748||4||2A Series||3 Combi aircraft and 1 HS748 LFD Freighter|
|Boeing 737||2||200 Series||Combi aircraft, 115 seats maximum. These two combi aircraft are also able to operate from gravel airstrips.|
|Dash 8-100||2||100 Series||37 seat maximum, 7,500 lbs cargo|
|Dash 8-300||10||300 Series||45 seats maximum|
|King Air||3||100 Series||9 seats, 2,300 lbs cargo|
Accidents and incidents
- Airline Codes
- Transport Canada - Air Traffic Designators - TP 143 (PDF)
- Transport Canada listing of aircraft owned by "Air Inuit" (enter Air Inuit in the box titled "Owner Name")
- Air Inuit route map
- "Contact us." Air Inuit. Retrieved on October 8, 2009. "547 Meloche Dorval (Quebec) Canada H9P 2W2 "
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-03-27. p. 58.
- 01 (1975-11-11). "Air Inuit Flight History". Airinuit.com. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- "Air Inuit Our Destinations". Airinuit.com. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- Air Inuit (2005). "Our Fleet". Archived from the original on 2008-06-12. Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- "C-FIRW Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 24 July 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Air Inuit.|