|Hubs||Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport|
|Secondary hubs||Thompson Airport|
|Focus cities||Thompson, Manitoba , Island Lake, Manitoba|
|Frequent-flyer program||Perimeter Passport|
|Airport lounge||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Thompson, Manitoba|
|Fleet size||33, 34|
|Company slogan||Putting First Nations First|
|Parent company||Exchange Income Corporation|
|Headquarters||Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
|Key people||Mark Wehrle (President), Nick Vodden (Operations Manager), Christian Fels(Chief Pilot 705), Cory Bertram (Chief Pilot 703 / 704), Karla Tibbo (Flight Attendant Manager), Brad Winchar(PRM)|
Perimeter Aviation LP (Perimeter Airlines) is an airline with its head office on the property of Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Perimeter Aviation operates 35 aircraft on scheduled, charter, and medevac service. It was established and started operations in 1960. It operates scheduled passenger services from Winnipeg to 21 destinations, and advanced instrument flight training, freight and MEDEVAC services. Its main base is Winnipeg International Airport.
Perimeter is the largest carrier in Manitoba, in terms of number of aircraft and number of flights.
As of November 2013, Perimeter provides scheduled passenger service to the following destinations:
- Berens River (Berens River Airport)
- Brandon (Brandon Municipal Airport)
- Brochet (Brochet Airport)
- Cross Lake (Cross Lake (Charlie Sinclair Memorial) Airport)
- Dauphin (Lt. Col W.G. (Billy) Barker VC Airport)
- Garden Hill (Island Lake, Island Lake Airport)
- Gods Lake Narrows (Gods Lake Narrows Airport)
- Gods River (Gods River Airport)
- Lac Brochet (Lac Brochet Airport)
- Norway House (Norway House Airport)
- Oxford House (Oxford House Airport)
- Red Sucker Lake (Red Sucker Lake Airport)
- St. Theresa Point (Wasagamack First Nation, St. Theresa Point Airport)
- Shamattawa (Shamattawa Airport)
- South Indian Lake (South Indian Lake Airport)
- Tadoule Lake (Tadoule Lake Airport)
- Thompson (Thompson Airport)
- Winnipeg (Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport)
- York Landing (York Landing Airport)
|Aircraft||No. of Aircraft||Variants||Notes|
|Beechcraft Baron 55||2||95-B55|
|Beechcraft Model 99||1||99||No longer on scheduled service|
|Beechcraft Travel Air||3||D95A, E95||2 - D95A, E95|
|De Havilland Canada Dash 8||5||102, 106, 314||1 DHC-8-102, 2 DHC-8-106, 2 DHC-8-314|
|Swearingen||16||SA226-AT, SA226-T, SA226-TC||1 SA226-AT, 1 SA226-T, 14 SA226-TC|
Perimeter operates 34 aircraft on scheduled, charter, and medevac service with all aircraft having two engines for safety reasons. These include over 22 Metros, and three Dash-8's. The Metros can be quickly configured from straight freighter configuration to 19-seat commuter interior. The Dash-8s can be quickly configured to 37 seats, 29 seats, 21 seats, or as a straight freighter which can accommodate up to 8,800 lb (4,000 kg) of cargo.
Lastly, Perimeter operates three Beechcraft Travel Airs and two slightly larger Beech Barons. These aircraft are used for flight training and bag runs.
Accidents and incidents
Perimeter Airlines has had five reported accidents.
- 1 November 1996, a Swearingen SA.226TC Metro II aircraft was on a scheduled flight (PAG207) to Gods River (ZGI) from Gods Lake Narrows (YGO). With about 345 ft (105 m) to the threshold of runway 27 the right hand main gear touched the ground and collapsed. After travelling about 20 ft (6.1 m) they hit a ridge of snow. The left gear touched down about 326 ft (99 m) ahead of the threshold and the aircraft went off the right side of the runway. The aircraft had two pilots and five passengers on board and there were no fatalities or injuries but the aircraft was a write off.
- 11 or 12 October 2001, a Swearingen SA.226TC Metro II Perimeter Flight 962 arrived at Shamattawa on a MEDIVAC flight to pick up a patient. It was night and the aircraft was coming into runway 01 too fast and too high so the crew performed a missed approach. Flying to the left of the runway centreline the aircraft hit some tress and came to rest in some muskeg. There were three people on board, both pilots were killed and the third person required hospitalisation.
- 8 November 2006, a Swearingen SA.226TC Metro II was touching down at Norway House. The crew selected propeller reverse and the aircraft turned to the left with the main tire making contact with some loose snow. The aircraft next went over a ditch and climbed an embankment where the landing gear collapsed. The seven passengers and two crew evacuated the plane safely but it was a write off.
- On 23 December 2012, a Swearingen SA227-AC Metro III passenger plane with nine people aboard, operated by Perimeter on behalf of Kivalliq Air crashed at Sanikiluaq Airport (YSK) in Sanikiluaq, Nunavut, killing an infant boy and injuring all the others. The aircraft was on a second approach at the time.
- IATA Airline and Airport Code Search. Retrieved 26 November 2013
- Spirit Takes Flight
- Perimeter Aviation: Destinations Retrieved on 11 November 2013
- Exchange Income Corporation
- "Contact Perimeter Aviation." Perimeter Aviation. Retrieved on December 24, 2012. "Perimeter Aviation LP. 626 Ferry Road, Winnipeg International Airport Winnipeg, MB R3H 0T7"
- Perimeter Aviation: About Retrieved on 20 March 2010
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-10. p. 63.
- Transport Canada listing of aircraft owned by "Perimeter Aviation" (enter Perimeter Aviation in the box titled "Owner Name")
- Accident description for Perimeter Airlines (PAG207) at the Aviation Safety Network
- CADORS report for Perimeter Airlines (PAG207)
- Accident description for Perimeter Airlines (C-GYPA) at the Aviation Safety Network
- CADORS report for Perimeter Airlines (PAG962)
- Accident description for Perimeter Airlines (C-FTNV) at the Aviation Safety Network
- CADORS report for Perimeter Airlines (PAG105)
- "Baby dies in Nunavut plane crash". CBC Radio. 23 December 2012.
- CADORS report for Perimeter Airlines (PAG993)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Perimeter Aviation.|