Aleppo International Airport
|Aleppo International Airport
مطار حلب الدولي
Matar Halab al-Dawly
|IATA: ALP – ICAO: OSAP|
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Elevation AMSL||1,276 ft / 389 m|
Aleppo International Airport (Arabic: مطار حلب الدولي) (IATA: ALP, ICAO: OSAP) is an international airport serving Aleppo, Syria. The airport serves as a secondary hub for Syrian Air. The history of the airport dates back to the beginning of the 20th century. It was upgraded and developed over the years until 1999 when the new current terminal was inaugurated. As of 2013 all flights were suspended due to Syrian Civil War.
Aleppo International Airport has a modern terminal which combines a modern and Islamic architecture. The total area is 38,000 square meters over four floors. The airport capacity is 1.7 million passengers a year.
The Terminal provides many services and utilities for operated airlines and passengers through banking, health care, postal, tourism, and information offices in addition to a duty free shop and other amenities. The airport has digital flight information monitors and a public address system.
Aleppo International Airport terminal has four modern jetways serving four transit gates equipped with modern security screening systems, plus four more ground-level gates.
- Basement: prayer room, stores, toilets and other amenities.
- Ground floor: employee area, arrivals hall, departures hall, four ground gates, VIP clubrooms, and airport offices.
- 1st floor: transit hall, four jetway-equipped gates, dutyfree shops, AIS office, nursery, restaurants, airlines' wing and aviation department offices.
- 2nd floor: restaurants, shops, attendants' veranda.
- Terminal external area is a dedicated parking lot.
Terminal public utilities
- Information office.
- Tourist information office.
- Postal office.
- Communication office.
- Insurance office.
- Syrian Arab Airlines reservation and customer service office.
- automated teller machines.
- Exchange offices.
- Syriatel mobile network customer service office.
- Duty Free.
- Restaurants and cafeterias.
- Various shops.
- In 1918 KLM airline achieved the first KLM flight to the Far East via Aleppo airport.
- In 1930 Amy Johnson achieved the first worldwide flight piloted by a woman from London to Melbourne via Aleppo airport where she was gladly received.