Amazon Locker is a service product of the e-commerce company Amazon.com, Inc. Amazon Locker is a self-service parcel delivery kiosk for eligible shipments. At no additional charge, Amazon customers can select any Locker location as their delivery address, and retrieve their orders at that location by entering a unique pick-up code on the Locker touch screen.
The Amazon Locker program addresses concerns of parcels being stolen or customers missing the mail delivery. Amazon Locker program was launched in September 2011 in New York, Seattle, and London. Amazon Locker continues to expand its network nationally throughout the US and UK.
Amazon Locker Network
Amazon partners with retail stores such as 7-Eleven to host Amazon Locker kiosks. Retailers receive a stipend from Amazon to host the kiosks. Staples and RadioShack were previously in the program, but later dropped out. A customer orders a parcel from Amazon and has it delivered to a Locker location. Amazon's preferred carriers deliver the packages into the kiosk, at which point the customer receives a digital pick-up code via email or text messaging. Once the unique pick-up code is input on the touch screen, the assigned door opens for package retrieval. Amazon customers have three days to collect their packages once they receive their pick-up code.
- "Amazon Offering Lockers For Secure Product Delivery". CBS San Francisco. August 7, 2012. Retrieved September 27, 2013.
- "Amazon Locker Main Page". Amazon. Retrieved 2012.
- Bensinger, Greg (August 7, 2012). "Amazon's New Secret Weapon: Delivery Lockers". WSJ. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- Wohlsen, Marcus (August 8, 2012). "Amazon’s Lockers Move Front Line of Retail War to Back of 7-Eleven". WIRED. Retrieved September 27, 2013.
- Wohlsen, Marcus (September 19, 2013). "Amazon’s Delivery Lockers Booted From Staples, RadioShack". WIRED. Retrieved September 27, 2013.
- Bachman, Justin (September 20, 2013). "Do Amazon's Lockers Help Retailers? Depends on What They Sell". Businessweek. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- Skariachan, Dhanya (November 5, 2012). "Staples to have Amazon lockers in U.S. stores: spokeswoman". Reuters. Retrieved September 27, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amazon Locker.|