An apple martini (appletini for short) is a cocktail containing vodka and one or more of apple juice, apple cider, apple liqueur, or apple brandy. Optionally, vermouth may be included, as in a regular martini. Typically, the apple vodka is shaken or stirred with a sweet and sour mix and then strained into a cocktail glass.
In its purest form, it would contain:
- 10 ml (⅓ oz) sweet vermouth
- 10 ml (⅓ oz) dry vermouth
- 40 ml (1 ⅓ oz) top shelf vodka (or gin)
- 30 ml (⅔ oz) apple juice or apple cider
A common variation of the appletini is the "Rumpletini", with a light rum in place of the vodka.
The appletini can also be made with "martini bianco" in a long drink glass and filled with apple juice.
In popular culture 
- An appletini is used to poison Giselle in "Enchanted".
- The appletini is the favorite alcoholic drink of John "J.D." Dorian in the sitcom Scrubs in which it is often characterized as being somewhat effeminate.
- It is also the favorite drink of Alan Harper's from Two and a Half Men.
- Sue Sylvester, the sadistic gym teacher of the musical television series Glee, mentions that appletini is her favorite flavor of protein gel in the episode "Funk".
- In the 2010 film The Social Network, in the initial meeting between Facebook co-founders Mark Zuckerberg and Eduardo Saverin and Napster co-founder Sean Parker, Parker buys the table a few rounds of the drink. In real life, Zuckerberg never had an appletini until he attended the film's premiere. After seeing the film, Zuckerberg made the appletini Facebook's official drink.
- In the pilot episode for the Adult Swim show, Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil, Satan apologizes for calling Lucy after having 4 Appletinis.
- In an episode of the animated television series My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Applejack (whose name refers to another alcoholic beverage as well) is shrunk from the effects of a "poison joke" plant. Spike, in a pun on the word "tiny", refers to her as "Appletini".
- The appletini is the preferred drink of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling star "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. He always enjoys the drink during his backstage promos and before matches.
- In the 2007 Disney fairytale movie "Enchanted" Nathaniel disguised as a waiter offers Giselle an Appletini made with poisoned apples in yet another attempt to poison her by Queen Narissa's order.
- In the third episode of the fourth season (S04E03) of Community (TV series), Annie asks for an Appletini.
- Ted Mosby from How I Met Your Mother drinks it in Season 5 Episode 21 "Twin Beds".
See also 
External links