Battle Ground Lake State Park
|Battle Ground Lake State Park|
|Washington State Park|
|Elevation||509 ft (155 m) |
|Area||280 acres (113 ha)|
|Management||Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission|
|Website: Battle Ground Lake State Park|
Battle Ground Lake
|Location||Clark County, Washington|
|Elevation||509 feet (155 m)|
Battle Ground Lake State Park is a 280-acre (110 ha) Washington state park located 21 miles (34 km) northeast of Vancouver, Washington, U.S., consisting of an ancient 400-foot (120 m) volcano in the Boring Lava Field where a magma-induced steam explosion made a large bean-shaped crater, a maar, which later filled with water, forming a crater lake. The lake was originally named Crater Lake, but was renamed in deference Oregon's more famous Crater Lake.
The property was formerly owned by the Dollars, a local family for which Dollars Corner, a nearby intersection, was named. There was a lodge and store on the shore, along with a large dock area from which boats could be rented.
Activities and amenities
The park is vegetated with mostly evergreen forest, and the lake is stocked with bass, catfish and trout. Facilities include a swimming area, boat launch ramp, boat rentals, camping grounds and cabin rentals. Bridle trails ring the lake and criss-cross the summit area. There are a few small bass present, and catfish, but trout fishing is the main attraction for anglers, especially on opening day.
- "Battle Ground State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Battle Ground Lake". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "The Boring Volcanic Field — Hills of the Portland Basin". Cascades Volcano Observatory. U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved February 27, 2015.
- "The Dollar Family". Clark County History. The Columbian. Retrieved February 27, 2015.
- "Battle Ground Lake". Fishing and Shellfishing: Lowland Lakes. Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife. Retrieved February 27, 2015.
- "Battle Ground Lake State Park". Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission. Retrieved February 27, 2015.
- Battle Ground Lake State Park Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission
- Battle Ground Lake State Park Map Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission