Wenberg County Park
|Wenberg County Park|
|Location||Lake Goodwin, Snohomish County, Washington, United States|
|Area||46 acres (18.6 ha)|
|Governing body||Snohomish County, Washington|
Wenberg County Park, formerly Wenberg State Park, is a 46-acre (18.6 ha) park located on the shores of Lake Goodwin in the community of Lake Goodwin, Washington. The park is maintained by Snohomish County Parks and Recreation. Wenberg began as a 20-acre (8.1 ha) Snohomish County park until the state acquired it in 1947. It remained a Washington state park until July 16, 2009, when the state transferred the park back to Snohomish County in an effort to keep it open while addressing a state budget crisis.
- Google Maps. "Google Maps-Wenberg State Park". Retrieved 2008-05-25.
- "Wenberg County Park". Snohomish County Parks and Recreation. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "Snohomish County added Wenberg State Park". The Snohomish Times. 2009-07-18. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Haglund, Noah (2010-01-08). "County pleased with Wenberg park after transfer from state: Once part of the state’s system, the park on Lake Goodwin nearly breaks even for Snohomish County.". HeraldNet. The Daily Herald Co., Everett, WA. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- Wenberg County Park at Snohomish County Parks and Recreation
|This Snohomish County, Washington state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|