Combos, officially called Combos Snacks, invented in the mid-1970s, are a snack food created and distributed by Mars, Incorporated, and sold throughout North America. They are cylindrical tubes of cracker, pretzel, or tortilla, available with various fillings.
Combos Snacks, invented in the mid-1970s, are a snack food created and distributed by Mars, Incorporated, and sold throughout North America. Though the pretzel form was produced first, Combos were first released in cracker form. They are also available with tortilla shells.
Combos are produced by forming a soft bread-like dough, which is hollowed out into a tube-shaped form. A cutter slices the dough into bite-sized lengths. The snacks are then baked, cooled, and filled with the appropriate filling.
In 2006, Combos worked with TBWA and Agency.com to create the Man Mom campaign, and in 2008, Combos worked with Agency.com to create the Combos Nation campaign. Combos is an official sponsor of Kyle Busch, NASCAR driver of the fix 18 Toyota Camry. It is the official cheese-filled snack of NASCAR.
- Cheddar Cheese Pretzel
- Cheddar Cheese Cracker
- Nacho Cheese Pretzel
- Pepperoni Pizza Cracker (originally marketed as simply "Pepperoni Pizza")
- Pizzeria Pretzel
- Jalapeño Cheddar Tortilla
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Pretzel (Limited Edition)
- 7 Layer Dip Tortilla
- Pederson, Jay P. (1998). International directory of company histories. St. James Press. p. 528. ISBN 1-55862-363-9.
- "2007 Creativity Award Winner: Combos "Man Mom" Campaign - The Creativity Awards". Creativity Online. 2007-05-14. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- "Combo Snacks: What Your Mom Would Feed You If Your Mom Were A Man". Adpunch. 2007-05-25. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- "NASCAR Daily News Headlines * June 3, 2008". Insiderracingnews.com. 2008-06-03. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
- Official Release (2008-12-22). "Mars' multiyear contract extends NASCAR brand - Dec 22, 2008". Nascar.Com. Retrieved 2011-04-11.
|This brand-name food or drink product–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|