Dakota Square Mall
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
Dakota Square Mall is an enclosed shopping center in the city of Minot, North Dakota.
At 675,000 square feet (62,700 m2), as of 2005, the Dakota Square Mall is the largest mall within a 110-mile (180 km) radius. It is the third largest mall in North Dakota, boasting 70 shops, with four major anchor stores, a food court, and a nine-screen Carmike Cinema with stadium seating. It also includes local recruiting offices for the United States military.
One unusual feature of the mall is a Sleep Inn & Suites directly attached to the mall itself, which opened in November 2003. The hotel also features Splashdown Dakota Super Slides, a 24,000-square-foot (2,200 m2) water park complex which opened in April 2004. Dakota Square is one of only a few shopping malls in the United States to feature an attached hotel.
Dakota Square also includes several businesses not physically attached to the mall complex itself. These stores include a fast food restaurant, a grocery store, an American buffet, and an electronics retail store.
The mall opened in 1980.
Barnes & Noble is located in the mall and opened on March 12, 2008. Also in 2008, Scheels All Sports expanded into a store previously occupied by Old Navy. As a result, Old Navy relocated within the mall.
- "BLACKSTONE/POLARIS SALES". Retail Traffic. March 1, 2005. Retrieved February 3, 2010.
- Thomas A. Kvamme (June 25, 2005). "Sleep Inn water park makes big splash in Minot". Williston Herald. Retrieved February 3, 2010.
- Neuborne, Ellen (November 21, 1991). "Retailers go beyond own backyard for sales". USA Today. Retrieved February 3, 2010.(" 'We always gear our advertising around Canadian holidays,' says Beth Helfrich, marketing director of Dakota Square Mall in Minot, N.D.")
- Leasing Information, Dakota Square Mall, Retrieved February 3, 2010
- "S&P Affirms Rating on Concordia Properties LL Note.". PR Newswire. September 11, 2000. Retrieved February 3, 2010.("Dakota Square Mall (562,000 square feet (sq. ft.)) located in Minot, N.D., was built in 1980.")
- "Business Beat: July 12th". KXnet.com. 12 July 2007. Retrieved 21 January 2011.