Emine Bozkurt (born 9 August 1967 in Zaandam, North Holland) is a Dutch politician of Turkish descent and Member of the European Parliament since 2004. She is a member of the Dutch Labour Party, which is part of the Party of European Socialists.
In the European Parliament she is a member of the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs and the Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality. Furthermore, she is the chairperson of the Delegation for Relations with the Countries of Central America, as well as a substitute member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs.
Emine Bozkurt was born in Zaandam, North Holland to a Dutch mother and a Turkish father. She currently lives in Zaandam and Brussels.
- VWO at Zaanlands Lyceum (1985)
- Bachelors degree in French Language and Literature, University of Amsterdam (1987)
- Masters degree in European Studies, University of Amsterdam (1992)
- Qualification from the Netherlands Association for Public Relations and Information (NGPR) (1995)
- Public relations diploma, Foundation for Advertising and Marketing Education (SRM) (1997)
- Staff member of the consulate-general, Germany (1992–1993)
- Spokeswoman and head of internal and external relations, Dutch Muslim Broadcasting Company (1993–1997)
- Publisher and spokeswoman, Rathenau Institute (1997–2001)
- Senior adviser, Radar - advice bureau on social issues (2001–2004)
- Member of the Amsterdam PvdA executive (1998–1999)
- Member of the PvdA European policy advisory committee (since 1999)
- Member of the core group of the PvdA multi-ethnic women's network (1997–2001)
- Member of the review committee on public broadcasting (Rinnooy-Kan Committee) (2002–2003)
- Member of the disputes committee of the National Committee for International Cooperation and Sustainable Development (NCDO) (since 2002)
- Member of the governing body of the Institute for Public and Politics (civic education)
2004-2013: Member of the European Parliament
Bozkurt is or has been involved in the following committees:
- Chairperson of the Friends of Football (2012–present)
- Chairperson of the Friends of Bosnia and Herzegovina (2011–present)
- Chairperson of the Anti-Racism and Diversity Intergroup (2009–present)
- Member of Intergroup for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) rights. (2009–present)