|Born||in Pune, India|
|Genres||playback singing, Jingles, Carnatic music, Hindustani music, World music|
Hamsika Iyer is an Indian singer based in Mumbai—born in Pune and brought up in Mumbai. She studied at the SIES college of Arts and Science in Sion. She is a regular voice with ad world jingles, Marathi tele-serials, and has sung songs in Kannada, Tamil, Hindi, Malayalam and Bengali movies.
Hamsika received her initial training in music from her father, a Carnatic musician and musicologist based in Mumbai. In 1995, Iyer participated in two Zee TV music shows, Close Up Antakshari and Sa Re Ga Ma. She was a finalist on Sa Re Ga Ma and was also invited to participate its 100th episode.
Hamsika is the brand ambassador for international NGO - GOAN Shave, a children cancer charity.
International Collaborations and Tours
- Hamsika is part of a band 'Indiva' - an all women band in Mumbai - with music composer (keyboard player) Merlin_D'Souza, vocalist Vivienne Pocha and violinist Shruti Bhave
- August 2012, Hamsika performed with musician Aamir John Hadad 's band Zoobazar in Valencia- España
- August 2012, Hamsika performed with international band Juno Reactor at the Kubana Festival, Russian Federation and Ozora Festival Hungary
- June 2012, Hamsika performed with international band Juno Reactor at the Indigo Festival in Jerusalem, Israel
- February 2012, Hamsika performed with international band Juno Reactor for the band's Asia Tour 2012 at Springzouk Music And Arts Festival at St. Mary's Island, Karnataka, India.
- January 2012, Hamsika toured Japan with international band Juno Reactor for the band's Asia Tour 2012.
- November 2011, Hamsika was featured along with Vivek Rajagopalan Quartet at UrbanFOLK Bangalore.
- September 2011, Hamsika sang Chammak Challo with Akon for Shahrukh Khan's Ra.One.
- Hamsika has also sung for the Bombay Dub Orchestra in their album 3 Cities in 2008, and with American saxophonist George Brooks in the album Spirit and Spice in 2010.
- Ninna Danigaagi (Version 1) - Savaari 2 (2014) with Karthik (Music by Manikanth Kadri)
- Bekhauff - Marathi - Satyamev Jayate (2014)
- 1 2 3 4 Get On The Dance Floor - Chennai Express (2013) with Vishal Dadlani, Sricharan Kasturirangan (Music by Vishal-Shekhar)
- Vishwaroopam (2012) - backing vocals in Unnai Kaanadhu (Music by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy)
- Delhi Safari (2012) (Music by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy)
- Lonely - Khiladi 786 (2012) with Himesh Reshammiya, Yo Yo Honey Singh
- Alai Payuthe - English Vinglish (Tamil language), music by Amit Trivedi (2012)
- Satyamev Jayate TV series, Music by Ram Sampath - "Sakhi", "Rupaiya", "Ghar Yaad Aata Hai" (Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam versions), 'Chanda Pe Dance' [all languages, except Hindi)
- Kala Kalyat - Hridaynath (2012) Marathi (Music by Santosh Muley)
- Kanna Mucche - Amet Asal Eemet Kusal - (2012), music by Umang Doshi - Tulu language
- Marathi Abhimaan Geet by Kaushal Inamdar (2007)
- Mann Chimb Paavasaali - Ajintha (2012) Marathi
- Lal Hori (Chhand Othaatale) - Ajintha (2012) with Suresh Wadkar, Swanand Kirkire, Kaushal Inamdar
- Raabta (Siyaah Raatein) - Agent Vinod (2012) with Arijit Singh, Joy
- Chhaya Bhitu Chhaya - Aparajita Tumi (2012) Bengali
- Chammak Challo - Ra.One (2011) with Akon
- Jay Jagadish - Ganaraj Adhiraj (2011) with Salim Merchant and Gulraj Singh
- Jhoola Jhool - Stanley Ka Dabba (2011)
- Athadilo Edo - Kudirithe Cup Coffee (2011) Telugu
- Lalita (vocals) - Spirit and Spice (2010) by George Brooks - Releasing Jul 3, 2010 by Freight & Salvage
- Ishq Barse - Rajneeti (2010) with Pranab Biswas, Swanand Kirkire
- Ninagende Vishesha - Prithvi (2010) with Kunal Ganjawala (Music by Manikanth_Kadri)
- Kuchi Kuchi Twist - Quick Gun Murugun (2009) with Vijay Prakash
- Jheeni Jheeni - Phir Kabhi (2009) with Bhupinder Singh
- Urrat Dhadhdhad - Sunder Mazhe Ghar (2009) (Marathi Movie)
- Kadhaigal Pesum - Angaadi Theru (2009) with Benny Dayal
- Chaal Apni - Sikandar (2009) with Rishikesh Kamerkar
- Fallen- 3 Cities (2008) with Bombay Dub Orchestra
- Bagundey Bagundey - Chintakayala Ravi (2008) with Vijay Prakash
- Khushboo Sa - Khoya Khoya Chand (2007)
- Raaz ki ek baat - Its Breaking News (2007) with Bhushan Marathe, Clinton
- Haqeeqat ne aisa pakda girebaan - Its Breaking News (2007)
- Loins of Punjab Presents (2007)
- Maa tere haath, Jaane kyun aisa lagta hai - Meri Awaz Ko Mil Gayi Roshni (2007)
- Chanda re [The moon song] - Eklavya: The Royal Guard (2007)
- The love theme - Eklavya: The Royal Guard (2007)
- Mugurtha neram - Mercury Pookal (2006) with Kunal Ganjawala
- Kal - Yesterday And Tomorrow (2005)
- Saawalith Majhya - Not Only Mrs. Raut (2003)
- Jheel jaisi teri aankhen - Jajantaram Mamantaram (2003) with Narayan Parasuram
- Pyaar se dekh le - Calcutta Mail (2003) with Sonu Nigam
Vivek Rajagopalan Quartet - November 2011
Venue: UrbanFolk Bangalore
- This concert sponsored by Taj Vivanta, was along with the Vivek Rajagopalan Quartet. Vivek Rajagopalan is a percussionist and musician based in Mumbai. Behind the Scenes of the rehearsals is available on YouTube. Other performances of the concert, Lonely, Vaarthai Thavari Vittaiadi Kannamma
Concert with Ohad Rein, Old Man River (musician) - September 2010
- This concert was held at Hard Rock Cafe Mumbai, and even the band Swarathma performed the same day.
Amrutacha Vasa - June 25, 2008
Venue: Yeshwant Natya Mandir, Matunga, Mumbai
- In the program, rare Marathi poem's were set to tune by Kaushal Inamdar
Performers and mentors included - Pt. Satyasheel Deshpande, Shri Shankar Vaidya, Kaushal Inamdar, Kamlesh Bhadkamkar, Anagha Dhomse, Hamsika Iyer, Manish Kulkarni, Shrirang Bhave, Sanjeev Chimmalgi, Arun Mhatre, Sagar Sathe, Jaanvee Arora, Sachit Patil, Sumeet Raghavan, Amol Bavadekar, Adesh Bandekar, Omkar Dadarkar, Ajit Parab, Parikshit Bhatkhande, Tushar Deval
Rain Raga - July 26, 2008
Venue: Ishanya Mall Amphitheater, off Airport Road, Pune
- A rare combination of nature and melody: The two-hour performance comprises about eight or nine compositions reflecting current global music trends though more broadly based on Indian music patterns.
Performers included - Louiz Banks - keyboards and track arrangements, George Brooks - saxophone, Rupak Kulkarni - flute, Gino Banks - percussion, Sheldon D'silva - bass guitar, Ravindra Chari - sitar, Vinayak Netke - tabla, Rafiq Bhai - sarangi, Sanjeev Chimmalgi - vocal, Hamsika Iyer - vocal, music composer - Kaushal Inamdar
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hamsika Iyer.|
- Bandar bindaas Bandar at Karadi Tales website
- Eklavya audio review at Music India Online
- Calcutta mail audio review at Planet Bollywood
- Advertisements, Jingles, Concerts, etc.YouTube Playlist