||This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)
Hinduism is a minority religion in Tanzania, practiced by some 30,000 people (1996) in the mainland and Zanzibar combined. Most practitioners are of Indo-Tanzanian (particularly Gujarati) ancestry.
There are some Hindu temples in Dar-es-Salaam, most of them located at the City Centre, the street name where the Hindu temples are located has been renamed to Pramukh Swami street. Swaminarayan temples have also been built in Dar-es-Salaam, Arusha and Moshi.
Followers of Brahma Kumari, Satya Sai Baba and Hare Krishna also have a presence amongst the Hindus in Tanzania.
List of Hindu Temples in Tanzania
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Arusha
- Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Morogoro road, Dar es Salaam
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Pramukh Swami street, Dar es Salaam
- Shree Sanatan Dharma Sabha temple, Pramukh Swami street, Dar es Salaam
- Shri Shankarashram temple, Pramukh Swami street, Dar es Salaam
- Hindu Temple, Kilima Street, Moshi
- Shri Sanatan Dharma Mandir, Mwanza
- Shakti Temple, Zanzibar