Inherent Vice (film)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)|
|Directed by||Paul Thomas Anderson|
|Produced by||Paul Thomas Anderson
|Screenplay by||Paul Thomas Anderson|
|Based on||Inherent Vice
by Thomas Pynchon
Benicio del Toro
|Music by||Jonny Greenwood|
|Editing by||Paul Thomas Anderson
|Studio||Ghoulardi Film Company|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
Inherent Vice is an upcoming American crime dark comedy-drama film written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, based on the novel Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon. The film stars Joaquin Phoenix, Josh Brolin, Owen Wilson, Katherine Waterston, Reese Witherspoon, Jena Malone, Joanna Newsom and Benicio del Toro. It will be the first feature film adapted from a work by Pynchon. The film is scheduled to be released on December 12, 2014.
- Joaquin Phoenix as Larry "Doc" Sportello
- Josh Brolin as Christian "Bigfoot" Bjornsen
- Owen Wilson as Coy Harlingen
- Katherine Waterston as Shasta Fay Hepworth
- Reese Witherspoon as Penny Kimball
- Benicio del Toro as Sauncho Smilax
- Jena Malone as Hope Harlingen
- Peter McRobbie as Adrian Prussia
- Sasha Pieterse as Japonica Fenway
- Maya Rudolph as Petunia Leeway
- Serena Scott Thomas as Sloane Wolfmann
- Martin Short as Dr. Rudy Blatnoyd
- Kevin J. O'Connor
- Yvette Yates as Luz
- Timothy Simons
- Emma Dumont
- Jeannie Berlin as Aunt Reet
- Joanna Newsom
- Jillian Bell
- Eric Roberts
- Michael K. Williams
The film is set to be released on December 12, 2014.
- "Paul Thomas Anderson’s ‘Inherent Vice’ filming in Pasadena, CA today". onlocationvacations.com. June 14, 2013. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- "Jonny Greenwood Scoring Paul Thomas Anderson’s ‘Inherent Vice’". filmmusicreporter.com. 6 February 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- Kroll, Justin (February 25, 2014). "Paul Thomas Anderson’s ‘Inherent Vice’ Dated for December". Variety (PMC). Retrieved February 25, 2014.
|This article related to an American film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2010s crime film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|