|Fate||Acquired by Cisco Systems|
|Headquarters||San Bruno, California|
IronPort was founded in December 2000, by Scott Banister and Scott Weiss. It was best known for IronPort AntiSpam, the SenderBase email reputation service, and email security appliances. These appliances ran a modified FreeBSD kernel under the trademark AsyncOS. On November 24, 2003, IronPort acquired the SpamCop filtering and reporting service, which it ran as a stand-alone entity.
Cisco Systems announced on January 4, 2007 that it would buy IronPort in a deal valued at US$830 million, and completed the acquisition on June 25, 2007. IronPort was integrated into the Cisco Security business unit. SenderBase was renamed SensorBase to take account of the input into this database that other Cisco devices provide. SensorBase allows these devices to build a risk profile on IP addresses, therefore allowing risk profiles to be dynamically created on HTTP sites and SMTP email sources.
- "IronPort Management Team". Company web site. Archived from the original on January 3, 2007. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- IronPort AsyncOS Operating System
- "IronPort Systems acquires SpamCop". 24 November 2003. Accessed 24 August 2010.
- "Cisco Announces Agreement to Acquire IronPort". News release. Cisco. January 4, 2007. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- Keith Regan (January 4, 2007). "Cisco buys IronPort for $830 Million". E-Commerce Times. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "Cisco launches Self-Defending Network v3.0". News release. Cisco Systems. June 25, 2007. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "About". Cisco IronPort. Accessed 24 August 2010.
- Patrick Ogenstad (October 6, 2009). "What is Cisco SensorBase?". Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "The Leader in Internet Gateway Security". Official website. Archived from the original on January 1, 2007. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "Senderbase:The world's largest Email and Web traffic monitoring network". Retrieved May 21, 2013. (used by Ironport email products)
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|