Islamia College (Lahore)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
Islamia College (Urdu: اسلامیہ کالج ) is a group of three colleges in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan affiliated with the University of Punjab. They were nationalised by Z. A. Bhutto in the 1970s. After FC College University and GC University, it is regarded as the third best college as far as the merit of F.Sc. and F.A. is concerned. The college is run by the Ministry of Education (Higher Wing), Government of the Punjab. Pakistan
Founded in 1892 by the Anjuman-i-Himayat-i-Islam, the oldest of the three colleges was one of the focal points for the Pakistan Movement. The founder of Pakistan, Muhammad Ali Jinnah, visited this college to address and confer with its students. Graduates and students of this college are referred to as "Habibians" named after the name of the college's oldest and central building.
The Islamia College on Cooper Road, Lahore, Pakistan is an all-girls college and was also established by Anjuman-i-Himayat-i-Islam in 1939.
The Islamia College Civil Lines, Lahore, Pakistan was founded in 1947 on the premises of the famous DAV College which has now shifted to Ambala, Punjab, India after partition. Graduates and students of this college are referred to as "Faranians".
Website For GICCL: giccllhr.colleges.punjab.gov.pk/
||This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (August 2011)|
- Religious scholars
- Haji Abdulwahab, Ameer-e-Pakistan
- Sartaj Aziz,former Finance Minister of Pakistan
- Choudhary Rahmat Ali, the person who coined the name "Pakistan"
- Sardar Muhammad Ibrahim Khan, Founder and First President of The Azad Kashmir.
- Chaudhary Muhammad Ali, former Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Malik Meraj Khalid, former Prime Minister of Pakistan and former speaker of the National Assembly of Pakistan
- Moeen Qureshi, former interim Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah, former Prime Minister of Kashmir (India)
- Maulana Abdul Sattar Khan Niazi, religious scholar and politician
- Mian Manzoor Ahmad Wattoo, Federal Minister and former Chief Minister of Punjab
- Raja Zulqarnain, General Secretary Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBAP)2009-2010.
- Mian Mahmud Ali Kasuri, former Law Minister
- Judiciary and Government Officials
- S. A. Rahman, former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Pakistan
- Muhammad Yaqub Ali, former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Pakistan
- Amir Alam Khan, former Judge of Lahore High Court
- Chaudhry Ijaz Ahmed, Justice of the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
- Mian Mahmud Ali Kasuri, former Law Minister
- Tariq Majid, Former Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee
- Sheikh Anwarul Haq,former Chief Justice of Pakistan
- Sheikh Riaz Ahmed, former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Pakistan
- Rashid Aziz Khan, former Chief Justice of Lahore High Court
- Fazal Mahmood, former captain of Pakistan cricket team
- Abdul Hafeez Kardar, first Captain of Pakistan Cricket Team
- Khan Mohammad, former test cricketer,who took the first test wicket for Pakistan
- Imtiaz Ahmed, former captain of Pakistan cricket team
- Nazar Mohammad, former test cricketer, who scored the first century for Pakistan in test cricket
- Zameer Haider, international cricket umpire
- Gul Mohammad, former test cricketer, who represented India and Pakistan in test cricket
- Maqsood Ahmed, also known as Merry Max, former test cricketer
- Saeed Ahmed, former captain of Pakistan cricket team
- Asif Masood, former test cricketer
- Jahangir Khan, former all India Test player
- Wasim Akram, former captain of Pakistan cricket team
- Aleem Dar, international cricket umpire
- Aaqib Javed, former test cricketer and coach of Pakistan Team
- Khalid Mahmood, former captain of Pakistan hockey team
- Samiullah Khan, former captain of Pakistan hockey team
- Salim Sherwani, former captain of Pakistan hockey team
- Khawaja Zakauddin, former Olympian (hockey)
- Hameed Nizami, founder of the Urdu newspaper Nawa-i-Waqt
- Majid Nizami, editor in chief of Nawa-i-Waqt Group of Publication in Pakistan and a columnist
- Writers, Poets and Artists
- Majeed Amjad, Urdu poet
- Nasir Kazmi, Urdu Poet
- Wasif Ali Wasif, Eminent Sufi author and poet
- Amjad Islam Amjad, poet and playwright
- Dr. Tabassum Kashmiri, Educationist
- Rafi Khawar Nanna, comedian of PTV and film industry
- Syed Zamir Jafri, A poet
- Feroze Nizami, Famous Music Director
- Akhtar Hoshiarpuri, poet, senior lawyer(2)(3)
- Student Leaders
- "Kardar’s 15th death anniversary observed | The Financial Daily". thefinancialdaily.com. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
2. Nisar, Rashid, Akhtar Hoshiarpuri person and poet(ختر ہوشیارپوری شخصیت اور فن ), Academy of letters 2003, p 13. 3. Yasmin, Samina, Akhtar Hoshiarpuri as a ghazal poet(اختر ہوشیارپوری بحیثیت غزل گو شاعر), Masters thesis. National Institute for modern languages Islamabad 2000, p 3.