Lancope, Inc. is an American company founded in Alpharetta, Georgia in 2000. It specializes in flow analysis for security and network performance monitoring. Its best-known product series is StealthWatch, which collects and analyzes NetFlow, IPFIX, sFlow and other types of data to provide network visibility and detect problems which might impact security or performance. StealthWatch provides a visual representation of the network to detect anomalies that could signify an attack. In the event of an infection, StealthWatch analyzes traffic between servers to determine which hosts were affected. StealthWatch is used by Global 2000 enterprises and government agencies, universities such as Binghamton University, Dartmouth College, and Northern Illinois University, and is also part of the Cisco Systems Cyber Threat Defense Solution.
The company was founded by Georgia Institute of Technology professor Dr. John Copeland. According to the CFO, David Cocchiara, the company became profitable in 2008. As of 2013, Lancope is run by President and CEO Mike Potts, who previously served as president and CEO of AirDefense, and joined Lancope in 2010.
- Couret, Jacques (May 29, 2013). "Lancope names Ulam general counsel". Atlanta Business Chronicle. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- Dubie, Denise (June 6, 2006). "Lancope adds net optimization to security appliance". Network World. Retrieved January 19, 2013.
- Dubie, Denise (April 25, 2005). "Lancope boosts traffic-inspection capabilities". Network World. Retrieved January 19, 2013.
- Schaffhauser, Dian (December 1, 2008). "SUNY's Binghamton monitors network with Lancope's StealthWatch". Retrieved January 19, 2013.
- "Cisco Cyber Threat Defense Solution" (pdf). Cisco. 2012. Retrieved January 19, 2013.
- "10 Questions for Lancope CFO and COO David Cocchiara". PC World. June 4, 2012. Retrieved January 19, 2013.
- Official website
- Lancope on CNBC's Closing Bell | CNBC Closing Bell.
- HP improves its network security with an HP Vertica and Lancope solution | HP.
- Using Lancope StealthWatch for Information Security Monitoring | Cisco.
- Monitoring the Modern Campus Network in 2011 to Reduce Performance Issues and Security Risks | Info Security Products Guide.
- AirTran: Virtualization requires network visibility | Network World.