|This article relies on references to primary sources. (February 2011)|
|Launched||11 September 2008 |
|Owned by||Faizan Productions Pvt Limited, Dawat-e-Islami|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Slogan||"I Must Strive to Reform Myself and People of the Entire World"|
|Broadcast area||Most of Asia, (including Middle East Arabia), Africa and Europe, Australasia|
(UK & Ireland)
|12640 V 22000 5/6|
Madani Channel (Urdu: مدنى چينل) is a television channel free of advertising and television commercials started by Dawat-e-Islami, which broadcasts Islamic television programs around the clock. It was first launched on 11 September 2008 on Paksat-1. It is currently available in more than 100 countries around the world, and most of its programs are also viewable online. The channel is originally based out of Karachi, Pakistan, where its main operations are still located today. The chief broadcasting languages of Madani Channel are Urdu, Arabic, and English.
Madani Channel is available in Asia, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Madani Channel initiated a 24 hour free-to-air distribution on AsiaSat 3S, Intelsat 10, Atlantic Bird 4A, Galaxy 19, and Eurobird 1.
The programmes broadcast include:
- Hamd, praise of God
- Na'at, poems praising prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم
- Tafseer, explanation of the verses of the Qur'an
- Elaborating the meaning of hadith (Muhammad's صلى الله عليه وسلم narrations)
- Answers from Islamic scholars addressing the issues of daily Muslim lives
- Programs for children and housewives.
- Telecasts featuring the lives of Muslim sages.