Maria Ozawa, a launch event for Dasdas AV movies in 2007.
January 8, 1986 |
|Other names||Miyabi (みやび)|
|Height||1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||48 kg (110 lb; 7.6 st)|
1986-2002: Early life
Ozawa was born in Hokkaidō, Japan. Her mother is Japanese and her father is Canadian. Ozawa graduated from Hokkaido International School and has asserted that she has a higher ability to read and write English than Japanese. Ozawa played hockey on a daily basis, and often sang karaoke after classes. She claims she became sexually active at the age of 13 and learned the "48 sexual positions" from a book she purchased.
In 2002, when she was 16 years old, Ozawa debuted in a 30-second Japanese TV commercial for DARS Chocolate alongside two members of the Japanese pop group KinKi Kids. Ozawa is featured sharing chocolate with one of the two singers while secretly holding hands with the other.
2005-2007: Career beginnings
Ozawa became acquainted with adult videos (AV) by watching sex tapes she borrowed from a friend's brother. Unlike most AV actresses, Ozawa was not scouted. Instead, she was introduced to the AV industry through a friend appearing in AVs. She began by modeling as Miyabi for the pornographic site Shirouto-Teien.com in June 2005, which resulted in several sets of photographs and a short hardcore gonzo video released in CD-R and DVD-R formats.
She was then signed by S1 No. 1 Style, an AV studio that produces light hardcore pornography. On October 7, 2005, she premiered as Maria Ozawa with the video New Face – Number One Style (新人xギリモザ ナンバーワンスタイル), directed by Hideto Aki. Ozawa remembers that she was so nervous during the filming of her first AV that she could not look at Arnel Estoesta in the face. At S1, Ozawa subsequently appeared in one original video per month until February 2007. She was involved in several S1 compilation videos including the company’s entry in the 2006 AV Open, a competition between Japanese AV studios for the best selling video. The S1 video Hyper – Barely There Mosaic (ハイパーギリギリモザイク), featuring Ozawa along with other AV idols Sora Aoi, Yua Aida, Yuma Asami, and Honoka (plus a short preview for Rin Aoki), won first place.
Ozawa and S1 parted ways in early 2007. Along with Rin Suzuka, Reina Matsushima and Rin Aoki, she moved from S1 with its emphasis on glamour to a new start-up company, DAS, which featured scenes of creampie and simulated rape. On April 25, 2007, DAS released their first videos, one of which (Beautiful Eurasian News Anchor Maria Ozawa Desiring Nakadashi Rape) featured Maria Ozawa. By the end of 2007, she signed (not exclusively) with Attackers (アタッカーズ), an established AV studio that specializes in thematic rape pornography.
Besides adult videos, she has appeared in V-Cinema films, a photobook and several glamour ("gravure") videos. In 2007, she played the character Anita (ｱﾆｰﾀ) on the popular Japanese TV drama Tokumei Kakarichō Tadano Hitoshi (特命係長・只野仁) on TV Asahi. In addition, Ozawa was on a 2007 episode of the Japanese variety show Megami no hatena ("The Goddess of What Is That") on Nihon TV as part of a series with AV actresses telling why they went into AV work. She has also appeared on Japanese MTV with the hip hop artist Seamo and in the 2007 music video "Summer Time in the D.S.C." with the Yokohama hip hop group DS455.
Ozawa could be seen in 2007 performing twice at the Shinjuku striptease bar "Shinjuku New Art". She took dance lessons to prepare but was still very nervous. She danced in a variety of outfits, including appearing as a belly-dancer, a geisha and a cowgirl. Three videos were released of her performance and a behind-the-scenes interview.
2008-2009: Rise to prominence
Ozawa did her first "interracial sex" scenes in Multiple Black Rape (黒人輪姦), which was released by DAS in May 2008. In June 2008, Ozawa changed studios once again, signing with a small studio, Ran-maru which released her first video with them on July 19, 2008. Ran-maru, along with Ozawa's previous studios, S1, DAS and Attackers, are all part of Japan's largest group of AV companies, the Hokuto Corporation.
In August 2008, Ozawa acted in her first mainstream movie, Invitation Only, billed as "Taiwan's First-Ever Slasher Horror". The film is produced by Three Dots Entertainment in Taipei, Taiwan and co-stars Julianne Chu. Ozawa plays a supermodel. She spoke both English and Japanese. Ozawa's professionalism impressed her co-workers and her role was expanded to include further scenes. Ozawa also did a photoshoot for the Taiwanese version of FHM in May 2009.
Ozawa followed up on her Shinjuku experience by starring in a cabaret show, "Tokyo Nights" at the Grand Lisboa Hotel in Macao from August 16 to September 6, 2008 which also featured several other Japanese performers. "Tokyo Nights" received mixed reviews. Promotional materials show her with a temporary tattoo.
Ozawa began to be cast in a variety of videos from different producers, including her first exclusively lesbian (Rezu - レズ) video (W Cast Premium Lesbian) for LADYxLADY, a division of the Japanese porn conglomerate Soft On Demand (SOD).
XVN advertised in September 2008 about Maria Ozawa appearing in her first "uncensored" movies, which do not have the mosaic pixelation used to obscure the genitals in standard Japanese porn. Four uncensored 45-minute videos of Ozawa and a single male actor were released online at XVN in September 2008. The material from the first two videos was edited for a 90 minute DVD, Tora-Tora Platinum Vol. 49 Maria Ozawa (October 1, 2008), and the second two videos were combined as Tora-Tora Platinum Vol. 52 Maria Ozawa (November 17, 2008). Unused clips were combined and published under Tora-Tora Platinum Vol. 55 Maria Ozawa (November 23, 2008). However, it is later revealed that two little known fantasy themed uncensored titles predates the XVN clips. The first (now out of print) is titled If Maria Ozawa Is a Bubble Princess (December 15, 2006). The second is a parody of the anime/manga Death Note titled Meath Note (December 15, 2006).
According to a September 2009 news report, production house Maxima Pictures was "pulling the necessary strings" to have Ozawa appear in an Indonesian comedy film titled Menculik Miyabi ("Kidnapping Miyabi"), which was planned for release at the end of 2009. Although advertisements in the Indonesian language calling Ozawa's Muslim fans to piety and featuring Ozawa in jilbāb (Indonesian hijab) were issued on occasions of Ramadan and Eid ul-Fitr, the Indonesian Ulema Council condemned the efforts for the film. A protest was held and the film's producer canceled Ozawa's planned trip to Indonesia for the filming. The movie's plot had to be altered and Ozawa's scenes were all filmed in Tokyo. Menculik Miyabi was eventually released in Indonesia in May 2010.
In November 2009, articles in Weekly Playboy and The Tokyo Reporter reported that Ozawa was registered with the delivery health club Tiger's Hole (虎の穴 Tora no Ana ) in Shibuya ward. They also cited the possibility that her photograph and profile at the club's site was "set up simply for publicity".
For the 2009 AV GrandPrix, three studios—DAS, Moodyz, and M's Video Group—all selected videos starring Ozawa as their entries in the contest. The DAS compilation The Queen of DAS won the Best Violence Video Award and the M's Video Group entry Oral Venus took one of the Special Awards in the Featured Actress Video category. In January 2009, Ozawa returned to DAS to film Shemale Orgy Gangbang Rape (集団ニューハーフ輪姦乱交レイプ小澤マリア) with three transsexual actresses and in March 2009 entered the Japanese porn genre of tentacle rape with the video Monster Swallowing Ecstasy Maria Ozawa (触獣丸呑みアクメ 小澤マリア) for SOD. Her last adult video of 2010, Queen of Bukkake, Nakadashi, Gang Rape (女王様ブッカケ中出し輪姦ザーメン塗れの元S女), directed by Dragon Nishikawa, was released by Cross in April 2010.
2010-present: Hantu Tanah Kusir and Tokyo Species
In November 2010, it was confirmed that Ozawa, who became the most popular porn actress in Indonesia, had arrived in Jakarta for the filming of the thriller Hantu Tanah Kusir. Maxima Pictures reportedly acted with caution and the Islamic Defenders Front failed to learn of Ozawa's visit. Ozawa was set to return to Jakarta on November 29 to promote the screening of the movie, but her visit was cancelled. It was reported that she may have been diverted to Bali to avoid the protests of the Islamic Defenders Front.
In November 2011, Ozawa co-starred with Asami and AV actress Mahiro Aine in Naoyuki Tomomatsu's science fiction V-Cinema release Karei naru erogami-ke no ichizoku: Shinsō reijō wa denki shitsuji no yume o miru ka, which was also released with English subtitles as Erotibot. She was also cast in the starring role for the erotic horror V-cinema feature Tokyo Species which was released on DVD in February 2012.
Ozawa enjoys shopping, playing video games, owns a pink Nintendo DS Lite, and a pink PlayStation 2 console. Ozawa is open about her private life. She granted several interviews and keeps a very detailed text and picture blog of her life and activities dating back to October 2005.
- 小澤マリア1st.写真集 X・Star（Maria Ozawa's 1st Photobook – X・Star） – May 23, 2006, 彩文館出版 (ISBN 4-7756-0129-6)
- "小澤マリア – Ozawa Maria (Profile)". 'Web I-dic'. Retrieved 2007-08-30.
- "小澤マリア 公式ブログ (Maria Ozawa Official Blog)" (in Japanese with occasional English). blog.dmm.co.jp/. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "Welcome to Maria Ozawa's Room Video Idol Interview". Sweat Pig: Japanese Adult Video News. Archived from the original on 2008-02-04. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- "小澤マリアの部屋へようこそ" (in Japanese). BestVideo. Retrieved 2010-11-26.
- "Maria Ozawa with Kinki Kids in DARS chocolate ad 2002". JapanSugoi. December 2007. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "みやび (Miyabi profile)" (in Japanese). shirouto-teien.com. Archived from the original on 2006-11-23. Retrieved 2008-03-30.
- "2005". AV 研究所 (AV Research Laboratory). Retrieved 2007-07-21.
- "Japan’s AV Open contest 2008". JapanSugoi. June 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- "2006 1st AV Open" (in Japanese). www.av-open.com. Archived from the original on 2007-01-29. Retrieved 2010-11-26.
- Otsubo, Kemuta (March 29, 2007). "エスワン女優がメタメタに凌辱！中出し！" (in Japanese). AllAbout. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "小澤マリア (Attackers profile and filmography)" (in Japanese). www.attackers.net. Retrieved 2008-03-30.
- "Cast ｱﾆｰﾀ/小澤ﾏﾘｱ (Anita / Maria Ozawa)" (in Japanese). www.tv-asahi.co.jp. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "IMDB - "Megami no hatena" (2007)". www.imdb.com. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "Comedy interview variety show". The Japan Times Online. April 2007. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "Maria Ozawa 小澤 マリア in Japanese DS455 hip hip video". JapanSugoi. April 2007. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "Maria Ozawa dances at Japanese strip club". JapanSugoi. June 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-30. Has links to sample videos on AmebaVision
- "Sweatpig: Ranmaru July Releases". www.sweatpig.com/. Retrieved 2008-06-22.[dead link]
- "女優紹介: 小澤マリア (OZAWA MARIA) (Ran Maru actress profile and filmography)" (in Japanese). www.ran-maru.com. Archived from the original on 2008-06-26. Retrieved 2008-06-22.
- "メーカー一覧を見る" (in Japanese). Outvision. Retrieved 2010-05-24.
- See official site "Invitation Only". www.invitation-movie.com. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "IMDB - Invitation Only (2008)". www.imdb.com. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "Maria Ozawa stars in Taiwan slasher film Invitation Only". JapanSugoi. April 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "Invitation Only: Japanese Adult Star Maria Ozawa Grows Up". Weblog of Jason Gray - Tokyo. March 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- "Maria Ozawa FHM Taiwan video photoshoot". JapanSugoi. May 18, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- "Maria Ozawa does stint as a Macau Showgirl". JapanSugoi. December 5, 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- "(Maria Ozawa Uncensored Videos)" (in Japanese). XVN]. Retrieved 2012-03-08. (The XVN website was closed on December 15, 2008.)
- "Tora-Tora Platinum Vol.49 Maria Ozawa" (in Japanese). XVN. Retrieved 2008-10-04.
- "Tora Tora Platinum Vol.52 : Maria Ozawa". XVN. Retrieved 2012-03-08.
- "Tora Tora Platinum Vol.55 : Maria Ozawa". XVN. Retrieved 2012-03-08.
- "Meath Note". One Piece Entertainment.
- "Maria Ozawa DVD". One Piece Entertainment. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- "Miyabi to feature in Indonesian movie". The Jakarta Post. 2009-09-19.
- "Maria Ozawa in "Menculik Miyabi"". Indonesia Matters. September 19, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- "Maria Ozawa in Indonesian comedy film Menculik Miyabi". JapanSugoi. May 28, 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- "Japanese porn star Maria Ozawa scraps Indonesia film shoot". Boston Herald. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- Maria Ozawa at the Internet Movie Database
- "Ozawa movie to premiere on Thursday". The Jakarta Post. May 4, 2020. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- "Maria Ozawa, other acclaimed AV actresses on auction as stagnation sticks". Tokyo Reporter. November 14, 2009. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- "Maker Introduction" (in Japanese). www.av-gp.com. Retrieved 2009-07-23.
- "AVGP 2009 Result announcement" (in Japanese). www.av-gp.com. Retrieved 2009-03-02.
- "集団ニューハーフ輪姦乱交レイプ小澤マリア" (in Japanese). www.dasdas.jp. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- "触獣丸呑みアクメ 小澤マリア" (in Japanese). DMM. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- "女王様ブッカケ中出し輪姦ザーメン塗れの元S女 小澤マリア" (in Japanese). DMM. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- "Tanah Kusir Ghost (Hantu Tanah Kusir) – Porn Actress Miyabi Shot New Movie In Jakarta". A Big Message. November 26, 2010. Retrieved 2011-10-07.
- "Film Hantu Tanah Kusir & Miyabi". Indonesian Matters. December 1, 2010. Retrieved 2011-10-07.
- "Maria Ozawa: Exotically Famous". Hegre-Art. March 7, 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-18.
- "Catwalk Poison DX 02: Maria Ozawa". Catwalk Entertainment LTD.
- "Encore 20: Maria Ozawa". Stage2 Media.
- "華麗なるエロ神家の一族 -深窓令嬢は電気執事の夢をみるか-" (in Japanese). AllCinema. Retrieved 2011-11-09.
- "Erotibot (2011)". www.amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-11-09.
- ToyDemon Blog (2012-01-22). "Maria Ozawa New Movie Trailer "Tokyo Species" (NSFW)". Retrieved 2012-03-08.
- "TOKYOスピーシーズ (2011)". Allcinema.net (in Japanese). Stingray. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
- "小澤瑪利亞宣布進軍內地 10月推出首部時尚大片" (in Chinese). Cynes. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- GameOPS (April 29, 2007). "Maria Ozawa Plays Nintendo DS". GameOPS. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- GameOPS (June 19, 2007). "Maria Ozawa Owns a Pink PlayStation 2". GameOPS. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- "Official Blog of Ozawa Maria". Ameblo.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maria Ozawa.|