Metiaburuz (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|District||South 24 Parganas|
|Lok Sabha constituency||21. Diamond Harbour|
|Electorate (year) Metiaburuj is a muslim dominated area. The backbone of economy is readymade garments, also called second Lukhnow.ZAHIRUL HASAN PAKARIA TALAB PRY. SCHOOL.||182,017 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 157 Metiaburuz (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Ward Nos.136 to 141 of Kolkata municipal corporation and Ward Nos. 1 to 7, 9 and 10 of Maheshtala municipality.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Metiaburuz |
|Trinamool Congress||Mumtaz Begum||55,003||41.55|
|Independent||Abdul Khaleque Mollah||24,143||18.46|
Abdul Khaleque Mollah, contesting as an independent, was a rebel Congress candidate.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||0||2|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||3||15|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||1||2|
Note: New constituencies – 7, constituencies abolished – 8 (See template talk page for details)
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Metiaburuz". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Metiaburuz. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Metiaburuz. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- "Fair-&-free chant in red and green camps - Congress suspends six more rebel candidates". The Telegraph, 19 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-01.