Mike Quinn (puppeteer)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (December 2012)|
Mike Quinn (born in 1964) is an English actor, animator, and puppeteer. He is also known as Mike Quinby, Michael E. Quinn, and Michael Quinn.
Quinn was born in London. He began puppeteering at the age of 8 with a magic act for his family. Mike is also a relative of Mia Farrow since Mike's grandmother on his side of the family was the first cousin of Mia Farrow's mother Maureen O'Sullivan.
In 1977, he was a fan of the Muppets and got to meet Jim Henson where he'd regularly visited the set of The Muppet Show with his homemade puppets where learned and received various encouragement from Jim Henson and his co-workers.
Upon leaving school around 1980, he joined up with Jim Henson upon being hired by him when it came to working on The Great Muppet Caper where he filled in on crowd scenes and doubling up for the main Muppet characters. Mike Quinn later designed and built the Podlings for The Dark Crystal where he also performed the Skeksis Slave Master SkekNa (who was voiced by David Buck).
From 1987 to 2004, Mike Quinn was engaged to fellow puppeteer Karen Prell. When it came to Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, Mike Quinn assisted Frank Oz into performing Yoda alongside Kathryn Mullen. Between the late 1980s and early 1990s, Mike Quinn joined forces with fellow puppeter David Barclay where they created Ultimate Animates, a production company created to experiment and develop new building and performing techniques for many of their own internal, as well as external, puppet productions. This led to Quinn directing and producing many productions.
Mike Quinn later took up a talent for animating when he joined up with George Lucas's Industrial Light and Magic, first animating the famed dinosaurs in Jurassic Park III and then moved on to animate on Yoda and other creatures in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.
- Fraggle Rock - Gobo Fraggle (English and French "Outer Space" segments only), Sprocket the Dog (German and French "Outer Space" segments only), Uncle Traveling Matt (English and French "Outer Space" segments only)
- Jim Henson's Mother Goose Stories - Brown Gosling
- The Ghost of Faffner Hall - Riff
- The Secret Life of Toys - Bunny Lamp, Doctor Wizardo, Eggie, Humble Gary, The Magic Fish, The Mummy, Razalbath
- The Storyteller - Devil ("The Soldier and Death," puppeteer)
- Labyrinth - Goblins (puppeteer)
- Muppet Treasure Island - Additional Muppets
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi - Yoda (assistant performer)
- The Dark Crystal - SkekNa (performer)
- The Great Muppet Caper - Additional Muppets
- The Muppet Christmas Carol - Pig Businessman, Undertaker, Performer of Miss Piggy, Performer of Fozzie Bear
- The Muppets - Additional Muppets
- The Muppets' Wizard of Oz - Additional Muppets
- The Tale of the Bunny Picnic - Bulbous, Mayor Bunnyparte
- Dreamchild - Puppeteer
- Jurassic Park III - Animator
- Little Shop of Horrors - Puppeteer
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones - Animator
- Toy Story 2 - Animator
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit - Puppeteer (UK)