A1 Telekom Austria
|Formerly called||mobilkom austria|
|Key people||Hannes Ametsreiter (CEO)|
|Products||Fixed line and mobile telephony, internet, IT services, IPTV|
|Revenue||EUR 2.7 billion (2013)|
|Parent||Telekom Austria Group|
A1 Telekom Austria (A1) is a major Austrian mobile network operator. It has been operating commercially since 1994 and in testing since 1992. It launched under the name Mobilkom Austria, and merged with Telekom Austria in July 2010, under the new name of A1 Telekom Austria.
A1 Telekom Austria is a 100% subsidiary of Telekom Austria.
The company launched GPRS in 2000. Three years later A1 introduced UMTS  which was upgraded first to HSDPA in 2007  and afterwards to HSPA+ in March 2009. Followed by LTE in September 2010  and DC-HSPA+ in December 2010.
- "A1 company profile" (pdf). A1 Telekom Austria. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "A1 schreibt Geschichte" (in German). A1 Telekom Austria. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Mobilkom set to launch 3G services in Austria". TeleGeography. 2003-04-16. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Mobilkom to offer 7.2Mbps HSDPA service". TeleGeography. 2007-01-31. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "Austria Gets Europe's First HSPA+ Mobile Data Network". cellular-news. 2009-03-22. Retrieved 2014-08-13.
- "Telekom Austria Group Acquires 2.6 GHz Frequencies and starts with LTE in Austria". Telekom Austria Group. 2010-09-20. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "A1 boosts UMTS network with HSPA+ Dual Cell technology". Telecompaper. 2010-12-15. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- "3 Austria completes Orange Austria acquisition". Telecompaper. 2013-01-03. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
|This article on a Austrian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a telecommunications company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|