National Coffee Association
|Legal status||Trade association|
|Region served||United States|
|Chairman||Willard (Dub) Hay|
The National Coffee Association (NCA) or (National Coffee Association of U.S.A., Inc.), is the main market research, consumer information, and lobbying association for the coffee industry in the United States.
Surveys produced by the NCA are widely cited in mainstream media.
The association has numerous functions and services that include:
- Market and scientific research
- Domestic and international government relations, including lobbying
- Public relations and education
Membership and management
NCA's membership comprises mainly small and mid-sized companies, including coffee growers, roasters, retailers, as well as importers/exporters and wholesaler/suppliers. This membership accounts for more than 90% of all US coffee commerce.
National Coffee Drinking Trends
The Coffee Achievers
The association launched The Coffee Achievers advertising campaign in 1980, that featured prominent celebrities such as David Bowie, the band Heart, Cicely Tyson, Jane Curtin, Kurt Vonnegut, and Ken Anderson.
- "National Coffee Association of USA Inc: Private Company Information - BusinessWeek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2011-06-28.
- Grant Butler, The Oregonian. "Lift a (coffee) cup in celebration of National Coffee Break Day". OregonLive.com. Retrieved 2011-06-28.
- "National Coffee Association Challenges Accuracy of NBC TODAY Show Segment on Teens and Coffee". Marketwire.com. 2010-07-21. Retrieved 2011-06-28.
- "National Coffee Association of USA". Midwestcoffeetrading.com. Retrieved 2011-06-28.
- "About the NCA - National Coffee Association". Ncausa.org. Retrieved 2011-06-28.
- Nicholson, Marcy (2011-03-19). "Young adult Americans increase daily coffee drinking". Reuters. Retrieved 2011-06-28.
- Coffeescience - a service of the National Coffee Association
- Membership roster as at June 17, 2011