Pierce Township, DeKalb County, Illinois
Location in DeKalb County
DeKalb County's location in Illinois
|Established||Prior to 1853|
|• Total||35.11 sq mi (90.9 km2)|
|• Land||35.03 sq mi (90.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.09 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.26%|
|Elevation||804 ft (245 m)|
|• Density||13/sq mi (5/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60115, 60119, 60151, 60520|
|GNIS feature ID||0429561|
Pierce Township is one of nineteen townships in DeKalb County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 454 and it contained 187 housing units. Pierce Township was formed from Squaw Grove and Pampas Township before 1853.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.11 square miles (90.9 km2), of which 35.03 square miles (90.7 km2) (or 99.77%) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) (or 0.26%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Maple Park (partial)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Community Methodist and Saint Marys.
- Dekalb Community Unit School District 428
- Hinckley-Big Rock Community Unit School District 429
- Indian Creek Community Unit District 425
- Kaneland Community Unit School District 302
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 70
- State Senate District 35
- "Pierce Township, DeKalb County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||DeKalb Township||Cortland Township||Virgil Township, Kane County|
|Afton Township||Kaneville Township, Kane County|
|Clinton Township||Squaw Grove Township||Big Rock Township, Kane County|