From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Pilot, pilot, or pilots in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pilot most commonly refers to:
- Pilot (aeronautics), a person who flies or navigates an aircraft
- Maritime pilot, a mariner who guides ships through hazardous waters
- Television pilot, a trial episode made to sell a television series
- Pilot Flying J, a company that operates truck stops in the United States and Canada
- Honda Pilot, a large crossover SUV sold by Honda
The term may also refer to:
Science and technology
- Pilot experiment, a precursor to a full experiment
- Pilot light, a flame kept continually burning and used to light burners on household appliances
- Pilot signal, or pilot tone, in telecommunications
- Pilot (operating system), designed by Xerox PARC in the 1970s
- PILOT, a computer programming language for computer assisted instruction (CAI)
- Pilot job, a type of multilevel scheduling
- Pilotage, the act of navigating by visual landmarks
- Pilot (locomotive), a device that deflects obstacles from the front of a locomotive, also known as a cowcatcher
- Station pilot, a locomotive used for shunting passenger coaches and vans
- Pilotman, a railway worker who ensures that only one train enters a single track rail segment at a time
- Pilot (automobile), three models of automobile produced in the early 1900s
- Pilot (boat), a pilot boat and museum ship in San Diego, California
- HMS Pilot, one of four ships of the British Royal Navy
- Pilot (icebreaker), the first icebreaker ship, built in 1864
- "Pilot" (short story), by Stephen Baxter
- The Pilot (Canadian newspaper), a newspaper
- Pilot (UK magazine), a UK-based general aviation magazine
- The Pilot: A Tale of the Sea, an 1824 novel by James Fenimore Cooper
- The Virginian-Pilot, the daily newspaper of Norfolk, Virginia and the surrounding Hampton Roads metro area
- The Pilot (newspaper), the official newspaper of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston
Film and television
- Pilot No. 5, a 1943 film
- The Pilot (film), a 1980 film
- Pilot (television episode), television pilots for many series titled only "Pilot"
- Pilot (Farscape), a character in the science fiction television series Farscape
- "The Pilot" (Seinfeld), two episodes comprising Seinfeld's Season 4 finale
- Pilots (film), a 2000 Malayalam film
- Pilot (studio), a Russian animation studio
- Pilot (band), a pop rock group best known for their 1975 hit songs "Magic" and "January"
- Pilot (Russian band), a Russian rock band from Saint Petersburg
- "Pilot" (Mallory Knox EP), an EP by Mallory Knox
- "Pilot" (Reuben EP), an EP by Reuden
- "Pilot" (song), a song by German electronica band The Notwist
- "Pilots" (song), a 2002 song by the band Goldfrapp
- Portland Pilots, an NCAA Division I athletics program representing the University of Portland
- Seattle Pilots, a professional baseball expansion team that joined the American League in 1969 and became the Milwaukee Brewers the following year
- Pilot (pen company), a Japanese pen manufacturer
- PILOT (finance), in public finance, a payment in lieu of taxes
- Pilate (disambiguation)
- Driver (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "The Pilot"
- All pages beginning with "Pilot"
- All pages with titles containing "Pilot"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pilot.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.