Association of Asia Pacific Airlines
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010)|
|Formation||30 September 1966|
The Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (AAPA), formerly Orient Airlines Association, Inc., is a trade association of major scheduled international airlines based in the Asia-Pacific region. Established in 1966 with headquarters in Makati, Philippines, the association has moved to its present headquarters in Menara Prestige, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The primary purpose of the AAPA is to serve as a common forum for the articulation of members’ views on matters and issues of common interest, to foster close cooperation, and to bring about an atmosphere conducive to the stimulation of the travel and tourism industry.
Andrew Herdman has held the position of Director General of the Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (AAPA) since November 2004. Mr Eran-Tasker joined the AAPA as Technical Director in July 2004, while Ms Beatrice Lim joined the AAPA as Commercial Director in July 2005. .
The Association currently has sixteen member airlines from the Asia-Pacific region:
- Air Astana 
- All Nippon Airways (SA)
- Asiana Airlines (SA)
- Bangkok Airways
- Cathay Pacific Airways (OW)
- China Airlines (ST)
- Dragonair (OW)
- EVA Airways (SA)
- Garuda Indonesia (ST)
- Japan Airlines (OW)
- Korean Air (ST)
- Malaysia Airlines (OW)
- Philippine Airlines
- Royal Brunei Airlines
- Singapore Airlines (SA)
- Thai Airways International (SA)
They collectively carry 285 million passengers and 10 million tonnes of cargo, representing approximately one-fifth of global air passenger traffic and one-third of global air cargo traffic respectively.
Departments, Committees and Working Groups
Technical Affairs Department
- Technical Committee
- Flight Operations and Safety Working Group
- Engineering & Maintenance Working Group
- Materials Management Working Group
- Security Committee
- Cargo Security Working Group
- Environment Working Group
- AAPA (14 February 2011). "Directors".
- AAPA (3 June 2014). "AAPA Welcomes Air Astana as Member" (PDF).
- "AAPA members’ international traffic falls in July; Beijing now busiest airport in the region". anna.aero. 5 September 2008.