Project Runway (season 2)
|Project Runway (season 2)|
Heidi Klum and the Project Runway Season 2 contestants
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||14|
|Original run||December 7, 2005 – March 8, 2006|
|Filming dates||June 2005 –|
|No. of tasks||12|
|No. of designers||16|
|All-Stars 2||Andrae Gonzalo|
Project Runway Season 2 was the second season of Bravo's successful Project Runway, a reality competition for fashion designers. Season 2 began airing on December 7, 2005. Following a nationwide search earlier in the year, sixteen designers were chosen as semi-finalists and brought to New York City in June 2005. After the first challenge, called "Road To The Runway", fourteen went on to compete as finalists. The winning designer, Chloe Dao, received $100,000 in seed money to help launch her own line, a 2007 Saturn Sky roadster, a spread in ELLE magazine, and a mentorship with the Banana Republic Design Team. Winning alongside Dao was her model, Grace Kelsey, who received the ELLE Magazine spread. Michael Kors and Nina Garcia returned as judges for the second season. The fourth judging seat rotated each week, based on the challenge. Tim Gunn, fashion chair at Parsons The New School for Design, returned as a mentor for the designers.
Kara Janx later appeared in Project Runway: All Stars in 2012, where she finished 7th out of 13. Andrae Gonzalo, in the same year, competed in the second season of the All Stars edition placing 10th out of 13.
- 1 Contestants
- 2 Episodes
- 2.1 Episode 1: Road To The Runway
- 2.2 Episode 2: Clothes Off Your Back
- 2.3 Episode 3: All Dolled Up
- 2.4 Episode 4: Team Lingerie
- 2.5 Episode 5: Social Scene
- 2.6 Episode 6: Window Shopping
- 2.7 Episode 7: On Thin Ice
- 2.8 Episode 8: Inspiration
- 2.9 Episode 9: Flower Power
- 2.10 Episode 10: Makeover
- 2.11 Episode 11: What's Your Line?
- 2.12 Episode 12: Reunion
- 2.13 Episode 13: Finale - Part 1
- 2.14 Episode 14: Finale - Part 2
- 3 External links
The 16 contestants in Season 2 were:
|John Wade||24||Los Angeles, CA||16th|
|Heidi Standridge||25||Atlanta, GA||15th|
|Kirsten Ehrig||37||Los Angeles, CA||14th|
|Raymundo Baltazar||24||Los Angeles, CA||13th|
|Daniel Franco||34||Los Angeles, CA||12th|
|Guadalupe Vidal||29||Los Angeles, CA||11th|
|Marla Duran||51||Allentown, PA||10th|
|Diana Eng||22||Jacksonville, FL||9th|
|Emmett McCarthy||42||New York, NY||8th|
|Zulema Griffin||28||New York, NY||7th|
|Andrae Gonzalo||32||Los Angeles, CA||6th|
|Nick Verreos||38||Los Angeles, CA||5th|
|Kara Janx||29||Johannesburg, South Africa||4th|
|Santino Rice||30||Los Angeles, CA||3rd|
|Daniel Vosovic||24||Grand Rapids, MI||Runner-up|
|Chloe Dao||33||Houston, TX||Winner|
(ages listed are the designers' ages at the time the show was taped in the summer of 2005.)
Daniel F. had been a competitor in the first season and was eliminated in that season's first episode. Determined to show that the judges "made a mistake" in eliminating him so soon, he returned to the nationwide tryouts with samples from his own design line. The evaluation panel at the tryouts decided to give him one more chance and brought him back as a contestant for season two.
The 16 models competing for an ELLE spread in the second season were:
|Maria Lucia Santiago||16th (Quit)|
|Alyssa Daugherty||Oil City, PA||15th|
|Melissa Braiser||New York, NY||14th|
|Allison McAtee||Erie, PA||13th|
|Eliza Jane||San Francisco, CA||11th|
|Cara Roberts||Darien, CT||10th|
|Lesley Ann Williams||9th|
|Shannon Fluet||Boston, MA||8th|
|Tarah Rodgers||North Carolina||7th|
|Danyelle Vilmenay||Baltimore, MD||6th|
|Eden Henderson||Queens, NY||4th|
|Rebecca Holliday||Savannah, GA||Runner-up|
|Grace Kelsey||San Diego, CA||Winner|
|Daniel V.||IN||IN||IN||WIN||IN||WIN||IN||WIN||WIN||LOW||WIN||RUNNER UP|
|Kara||IN||IN||HIGH||LOW||IN||IN||LOW||LOW||HIGH||HIGH||OUT||11 - What's Your Line?|
|Nick||IN||IN||WIN||LOW||HIGH||LOW||IN||LOW||LOW||OUT||10 - Makeover|
|Andrae||IN||LOW||LOW||HIGH||IN||WIN||IN||HIGH||OUT||9 - Flower Power|
|Zulema||IN||LOW||IN||HIGH||IN||IN||WIN||OUT||8 - Inspiration|
|Emmett||IN||IN||IN||LOW||IN||HIGH||OUT||7 - On Thin Ice|
|Diana||LOW||IN||IN||IN||LOW||OUT||6 - Window Shopping|
|Guadalupe||IN||IN||IN||IN||OUT||5 - Social Scene|
|Daniel F.||LOW||HIGH||IN||OUT||4 - Team Lingerie|
|Raymundo||IN||IN||OUT||3 - All Dolled Up|
|Kirsten||IN||OUT||2 - Clothes Off Your Back|
|Heidi||OUT||1 - Road To Runway|
|John||OUT||1 - Road To Runway|
- ^Note 1 : Although Daniel had one of the lowest scores for the challenge, he was automatically safe as he had immunity.
- Limegreen background and WINNER means the designer won Project Runway Season 2.
- Blue background and WIN means the designer won that challenge.
- Red background and OUT means the designer lost and was out of the competition.
- Turquoise background and HIGH means the designer had the second highest score for that challenge.
- Light blue background and HIGH means the designer had one of the highest scores for that challenge.
- Pink background and LOW means the designers had one of the lowest scores for that challenge.
- Orange background and LOW means the designer was in the bottom two.
- The model was the winner of Project Runway season 2.
- The model the won the challenge.
- The model wore the losing designers outfit.
- The model was brought back into the competition.
- The model withdrew from the competition.
- The model was out of Project Runway season 2.
- Allison was originally eliminated in episode 2, but then was brought back after Maria withdrew.
- In episode 10, the models were not used in the challenge.
- Andrae Gonzalo: AG
- Chloe Dao: CD
- Daniel Franco: DF
- Daniel Vosovic: DV
- Diana Eng: DE
- Emmett McCarthy: EM
- Guadalupe Vidal: GV
- Heidi Standridge: HS
- John Wade: JW
- Kara Janx: KJ
- Kirsten Ehrig: KE
- Marla Duran: MD
- Nick Verreos: NV
- Raymundo Baltazar: RB
- Santino Rice: SR
- Zulema Griffin: ZG
Episode 1: Road To The Runway
Original Airdate: December 7, 2005
Before arriving in New York, the 16 contestants being considered for positions in this season's competing cast were given six yards of plain white muslin, $20, and one week to create an outfit that best represents who they are as a fashion designer. After arriving, the 16 contestants found that only 14 positions were available in the Parsons workroom and thus two would be eliminated at the runway judging.
- WINNER: Santino
- ELIMINATED: Heidi & John
Episode 2: Clothes Off Your Back
Original Airdate: December 7, 2005
Designers made an outfit using only the clothes they were wearing at the moment the challenge was announced. They had one day to complete their designs. This episode is best remembered for Andrae's tear-filled panic attack on the runway, and the judges relatively unfeeling response.
- Guest Judge: Diane von Fürstenberg
- WINNER: Chloe
- ELIMINATED: Kirsten
Episode 3: All Dolled Up
Original Airdate: December 14, 2005
Designers created a life-sized outfit for the My Scene Barbie collection. The winning designer's outfit would be duplicated for the My Scene Barbie collection. The designers had a budget of $150 and two days to complete the design.
- Guest Judge: Lily Martinez
- WINNER: Nick
- ELIMINATED: Raymundo
Episode 4: Team Lingerie
Original Airdate: December 21, 2005
Designers created a lingerie line consisting of three looks. A team event with four teams, each with a lead designer and two assistants. The designers had a budget of $200 and one day to complete the collection.
|Team||Team Leader||Team Members (in the order of being chosen)|
|1||Daniel V.||Andrae, Zulema|
|4||Daniel F.||Chloe, Kara|
- WINNER: Daniel V. )
- ELIMINATED: Daniel F.
Episode 5: Social Scene
Original Airdate: January 4, 2006
Designers created a party dress for socialite Nicky Hilton. The designers had a budget of $150 and two days to complete the designs.
- Guest Judge: Nicky Hilton
- WINNER: Santino
- ELIMINATED: Guadalupe
Episode 6: Window Shopping
Original Airdate: January 11, 2006
Designers created a day-to-evening ensemble for Banana Republic. A team event with five teams of two. Both designers on the losing team were eliminated. Each team had to finish their garment in one day. After that, all teams went to Banana Republic and each had to make a window that showed the idea of the dress; they had 30 minutes to buy all the materials they needed for the display and an hour to finish. The winner was chosen by votes from Banana Republic clients.
The teams were:
- Chloe and Emmett
- Daniel V. and Andrae
- Kara and Zulema
- Santino and Nick
- Diana and Marla
- Guest Judge: Deborah Lloyd
- WINNERS: Andrae & Daniel V.
- ELIMINATED: Diana & Marla
Episode 7: On Thin Ice
Original Airdate: January 18, 2006
Designers created a figure skating outfit for 2006 Olympic silver medalist Sasha Cohen. The designers had a budget of $150 and two days to complete the design.
- Guest Judges: Anne Slowey & Sasha Cohen
- WINNER: Zulema
- ELIMINATED: Emmett
Episode 8: Inspiration
Original Airdate: January 25, 2006
Designers took photos around New York and picked one to be an inspiration for an outfit. The designers had a budget of $100 and one day to complete the outfit.
This episode is most notable for Zulema's "Model Walk Off." Prior to this episode, all the winning designers stuck with their original models when given the chance to change by Heidi. Zulema stunned everyone when she not only announced she was changing models, but also making this decision by picking three girls to have a "walk off." She chose the eliminated Emmett's model Shannon, Andrae's model Danyelle, and Nick's model Tarah for consideration. She switched to Tarah, which left Rachael with Nick and eliminated Shannon.
- Guest Judge: Jay McCarroll
- WINNER: Daniel V.
- ELIMINATED: Zulema
Episode 9: Flower Power
Original Airdate: February 1, 2006
Designers created a dress using only natural materials purchased in the New York Flower District. The designers had a budget of $100 and one hour for the purchases.
- Guest Judges: Mark Badgley and James Mischka.
- WINNER: Daniel V.
- ELIMINATED: Andrae
- Daniel V. is the 2nd person to win 2 challenges in a row behind Kara Saun from season 1.
Episode 10: Makeover
Original Airdate: February 8, 2006
Designers created a new look to make over a fellow contestant, who then modeled the new look on the runway. Chloe designed for Nick, Nick designed for Daniel V., Daniel V. designed for Chloe, Kara designed for Santino, and Santino designed for Kara.
- Guest Judge: Freddie Leiba
- WINNER: Chloe
- ELIMINATED: Nick
Episode 11: What's Your Line?
Original Airdate: February 15, 2006
Designers made an evening dress for supermodel Iman. The evening dress also reflected the line which the designers will show at Olympus Fashion Week.
- Guest Judge: Iman
- WINNER: Daniel V.
- ELIMINATED: Kara
Episode 12: Reunion
Original Airdate: February 22, 2006
All of the designers gathered for a reunion hosted by Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum on the eve of New York Fashion Week at which the final three designers will display their collections.
Episode 13: Finale - Part 1
Original Airdate: March 1, 2006
The three final designers were shown at home when Tim Gunn visited them, and then returned to New York to prepare their collections for showing at New York Olympus Fashion Week. Back in New York, they were surprised to find out that they had to complete one final challenge: an additional garment that they each had to design with the aid of one eliminated designer of their choice. Nick, Andrae, and Diana returned to help Daniel V., Santino, and Chloe, respectively.
Episode 14: Finale - Part 2
Original Airdate: March 8, 2006
Chloe, Daniel V., and Santino displayed their final collections of thirteen pieces at New York Olympus Fashion Week.
- Guest Judge: Debra Messing
- WINNER: Chloe
- ELIMINATED: Daniel V. (1st Runner-up) & Santino (2nd Runner-up)
- Andrae Gonzalo official web site
- Chloe Dao official web site
- Daniel Franco official web site
- Daniel Vosovic official web site
- Diana Eng official web site
- Emmett McCarthy official web site
- Guadalupe Vidal official web site
- Heidi Standridge official web site
- Kara Janx official web site
- Marla Duran official web site
- Nick Verreos official web site
- Raymundo Baltazar official web site
- Santino Rice official web site
- Zulema Griffin official web site
|Project Runway winner