Chairman and CEO
Number of employees
The main factory is located on 39 acres (16 ha), at Lubowa, Wakiso District, on the Kampala-Entebbe Road, approximately 11 kilometres (6.8 mi), south of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and its largest city. New premises have been acquired at the Kampala Industrial and Business Park, at Namanve, also in Wakiso District to house new steel mills belonging to Roofings' subsidiary company, Roofings Rolling Mills Limited (RRM). It is expected that once the new facilities are brought on-line, employment at Roofings Limited and RRM will triple from the present 1,000 to about 3,000, since RRM is expected to employ about 2,000 people. The new factories will be built and operated in collaboration with two Japanese steel companies, Yodogawa Steel Works and Fujiden International. The Japanese firms will in-turn, take an equity position in RRM.
- Wilson Road Superstore - 13-13A Wilson Road, Kampala
- Market Street Superstore - 3 Market Street, Nakasero, Kampala
- Industrial Area Superstore - 2-3 Channel Lane and 5th Street, Industrial Area, Kampala
- Jinja Superstore - 4-6 Spire Road, Jinja
- Gulu Superstore - Downtown Gulu, Gulu
The company was established in 1994 following licensing facilitated by the Uganda Investment Authority. The company has installed capacity of 120,000 metric tonnes of steel per year and in 2008 was producing about 100,000 metric tonnes annually. In February 2011, Roofings secured funding from the International Finance Corporation, an arm of the World Bank, totaling US$25 million for expansion of production facilities. This was in addition to a syndicated loan of US$64 million obtained from a consortium of six Ugandan commercial banks obtained in December 2010, for the same purpose. When all of the planned expansion is completed, the company's exports will more than double to over US$130 million annually. The company's products are exported to Rwanda, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Southern Sudan, Kenya, and Tanzania.
Roofings Limited is a privately owned company. The detailed shareholding in the stock of the company is not publicly available.
The Roofings board of directors has seven members, all of whom are executives in the company. Sikander Lalani, a British national, serves as the Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer. The senior management team consists of thirteen managers who are responsible for running the day-to-day affairs of the company.
- Website of Roofings Limited
- Website of Uganda Investment Authority
- Location of Company Headquarters and Main Factory At Wikimapia
- Roofings Is Largest Manufacturer of Steel Construction Materials In Uganda
- Main Office and Factory Located at Lubowa
- Map Showing Kampala And Lubowa With Distance Marker
- Roofings Limited And Japanese Steel Firms In Equity Deal
- Location of Factories And Warehouses
- Roofings Gets Loan From World Bank
- Key People At Roofings Limited