||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2011)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2011)|
|Latin: Collegium Rosemontense|
|Motto||Latin: Levavi oculos meos in montes|
|Motto in English||Lift your eyes to the hills|
|Religious affiliation||Roman Catholic (Society of the Holy Child Jesus)|
|President||Sharon Latchaw Hirsh '70|
Lower Merion Twp, Pennsylvania, USA
|Colors||Maroon and Gray|
|Athletics||NCAA Division III – CSAC|
Rosemont College is a coeducational college located in Rosemont in Lower Merion Township, Pennsylvania. Originally founded as a women's college, the undergraduate program opened to male students beginning in fall 2009. A Catholic college, it is operated by the Society of the Holy Child Jesus. Its campus is located 11 miles (18 km) west of Philadelphia.
Founded in 1921 by the Society of the Holy Child Jesus, Rosemont College is an independent liberal arts institution in the Catholic tradition located in eastern Pennsylvania. In the fall of 2009, the traditionally women's undergraduate college began accepting male students. The nationally acclaimed, traditional Undergraduate College confers B.A., B.S. and B.F.A. degrees in twenty-four majors. Rosemont College also includes the Schools of Graduate and Professional Studies offering degrees and certificates at the masters level.
The Undergraduate College offers 24 majors, awarding Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, and Bachelor of Science degrees. It has 21 full-time faculty members, three fewer than the number of degree programs. Each program offers an in-depth study of a particular subject area, as well as a breadth of study in the liberal arts. Rosemont's majors are:
- Accounting, B.S.
- Biology, B.A.
- Pre-Med Track
- Pre-Nursing Track
- Pre-Dental Track
- Business, B.S.
- Chemistry, B.A.
- Biochemistry Track
- Communication, B.A.
- Economics, B.S.
- Education, B.S.
- Elementary Education
- Secondary Education Certification with liberal arts major
- English, B.A.
- English and Communication, B.A.
- Environmental Studies, B.A.
- French, B.A.
- History, B.A.
- History of Art, B.A.
- Humanities, B.A.
- International Business, B.S.
- Philosophy, B.A.
- Political Science, B.A.
- Pre-Law Track
- Psychology, B.A.
- Religious Studies, B.A.
- Social Science, B.A.
- Sociology, B.A., B.S.
- Deaf Studies Track
- Forensic Sociology/Criminology Track
- Applied Sociology/Sociological Practices Track
- Spanish, B.A.
- Studio Art and Design, B.A., B.F.A
- Studio Art Track
- Graphic Design Track
- Interior Design Track
- Women’s Studies, B.A.
Rosemont offers teacher certification programs in elementary education and secondary education, as well as pre-professional programs in dentistry, optometry, veterinary science, medicine, and law.
Rosemont College has developed inter-institutional cooperative agreements with Villanova University, Eastern University, Arcadia University, Cabrini College, Chestnut Hill College, Gwynedd-Mercy University, Holy Family University, Immaculata University, and Neumann College. These agreements allow for cross-registration and the sharing of library resources between the institutions.
Rosemont also offers study abroad programs, internships, individualized majors, an early assurance medical program and other Nursing Programs with Drexel University College of Medicine, accelerated BA and MA programs, and the Cornelian Scholars program for early acceptance to Rosemont's graduate programs.
Rosemont offers a 7 year BA/BS/MD Fast Track medical program with Drexel University College of Medicine in which students study for 3 years at Rosemont and after passing the required scores on the MCAT, move onto Drexel College of Medicine. The college also offers an 8 year BA/BS/MD Early Assurance medical program.
School of Graduate Studies
Rosemont College's School of Graduate Studies offers seven co-educational graduate programs:
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology
Concentrations in: Professional Counseling in preparation for Pennsylvania licensure Addictions Counseling in preparation for CAC Diplomate School Counseling with Elementary or Secondary Certification
- M.F.A. in Creative Writing
- M.A. in Education
- M. A. in English Literature
Concentration in: Literature Writing
- M.A. in Publishing
Concentrations in: Editing and Writing Production and Design Marketing and Sales
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management
Courses are scheduled throughout the calendar year on evenings and weekends, and class enrollment is kept deliberately small to maximize contact with peers and expert faculty-practitioners. The entire school of graduate and professional studies has only three full-time faculty members. Students have an active involvement in the learning process–through research, discussion, simulations, and supervised field experiences.
School of Professional Studies
The School of Professional Studies offers accelerated degree programs, certificates, and corporate training. The accelerated degree programs are completed in five-week sessions, normally meeting once a week for four hours. The accelerated graduate courses are completed in seven-week sessions or over a weekend.
The School of Professional Studies offer the following undergraduate and graduate degrees and certifications:
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Elementary Education Certification
- Graduate Certificate in Entrepreneurship
- Certificate in Health Care Administration
- Certificate in Strategic Management for Women
- Graduate Certificate in ePublishing
Rosemont, known athletically as the Ravens, is a Division III member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and is a charter member of the Colonial States Athletic Conference (CSAC). Men's sports include basketball, cross country, golf, lacrosse, soccer and tennis; while women's sports include basketball, cross country, lacrosse, soccer, softball, tennis and volleyball.
- Sister Marie Anita Burt, O.P. (1899–1975)
- Virginia Bauer
- Pat Ciarrocchi
- Linda Fiorentino
- Patricia Kennedy Lawford
- "Rosemont College: All About Rosemont >> Fast Facts". Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "National Historic Landmarks & National Register of Historic Places in Pennsylvania" (Searchable database). CRGIS: Cultural Resources Geographic Information System. Note: This includes Sr. Mary Stella Kelly and Brenda Reigle (undated). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory Nomination Form: Joseph Sinnott Mansion" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- "Middle States Commission on Higher Education". Msche.org. 2010-09-21. Retrieved 2012-11-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rosemont College.|