|Born||Simon Rex Cutright
July 20, 1974
San Francisco, California, United States
|Other names||Dirt Nasty|
|Occupation||Actor, comedian, TV host, rapper, model|
Simon Rex Cutright (born July 20, 1974), better known as Simon Rex or Dirt Nasty, is an American actor, comedian, television host, recording artist, record producer, & former VJ. He is known for being an MTV VJ turned rapper/comedian with his alter ego, Dirt Nasty, which has received a cult following on social media websites. He has starred as Jeff Campbell in the first season of What I Like About You, as the clumsy George Logan in Scary Movie 3 and 4, and as Dan Sanders in 5.
Rex was born Simon Rex Cutright in San Francisco, California, and is one of two children of Paul and Zoe Cutright, a relationship coach and an environmental consultant. He attended Alameda High School in Alameda, California. He is Jewish on his mother's side.
In 1993, at age 19, he appeared solo in scenes for two masturbation porn films, Young, Hard & Solo II; Young, Hard & Solo III. In 1998, at 24, he appeared in Hot Sessions III. Archived footage was used in two movies in 2000: Hot Sessions 11 and Hot Sessions 12.
Rex soon after hit fame and popularity delving into acting and in 1999 was cast in the television show Jack & Jill, which ran for two seasons. He appeared as "Eli" in the TV show Felicity and television guest appearances followed including Baywatch, Everwood, and Summerland. In 2002, the pilot for the show What I Like About You was picked up by The WB, which now has become The CW. Rex starred in the first season. He later appeared on the Lifetime show, Monarch Cove which ran for 11 episodes in 2006. He also co-produced a pilot for a show called Rex, with supporting roles performed by Paris Hilton, Lance Bass and Jaime Pressley.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (September 2014)|
Rex entered the music industry as a rap artist after becoming friends with Mickey Avalon. Rex adopted his alter-ego "Dirt Nasty" and formed the rap group Dyslexic Speedreaders, along with Mickey Avalon, Andre Legacy, and Beardo. Rex often toured with the group and collaborated to create the Shoot To Kill mixtape. The group ended abruptly, as Mickey Avalon left due to personal problems involving Rex and Andre Legacy.
In 2007, he released his self-titled debut album which included viral exposure from the single "1980". Rex has appeared on Paris Hilton's My New BFF in his "Dirt Nasty" persona and in Kesha's video for her song "Tik Tok". He appeared in the LMFAO music video for "Yes" and "Sexy and I Know It".
In 2011, he created a rap duo called Chain Swangz with Grammy Award-winning producer Jack Splash, leading up to the release of his second album titled Nasty As I Wanna Be which featured guest appearances from artists such as Too Short, Warren G, Kesha, LMFAO. It debuted and stayed at the top of Billboard (magazine)'s comedy charts for weeks.
In 2012, he created the rap trio Three Loco, with Andy Milonakis, previously known for The Andy Milonakis Show, and RiFF RaFF. In November, the trio teamed up with producer Diplo and released the group's eight-song EP on Diplo's own Mad Decent label which garnished them critical acclaim from the likes of MTV, Pitchfork Media, Vice magazine. He is credited under his Dirt Nasty persona.[unreliable source?]
|1993||Young, Hard & Solo #2||Sebastian||Adult film|
|Young, Hard & Solo #3||Sebastian||Brad Posey's|
|1994||Hot Sessions 3||Sebastian||97 AVN Awards Winner|
|1996||Baywatch||Himself||TV series - 1 episode|
|1999||Katie Joplin||Tiger French||TV series|
|Felicity||Eli||TV series - 4 episodes|
|Jack & Jill||Michael 'Mikey' Russo||TV series - 32 episodes|
|2000||Hot Sessions 11||Sebastian||Adult film - archive footage|
|Hot Sessions 12||Sebastian||Adult film - archive footage|
|Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth||Slab O'Beef|
|2002||What I Like About You||Jeff Campbell||1 season - 22 episodes|
|2003||Scary Movie 3||George Logan||Lead Role|
|2004||The Karate Dog||Det. Peter Fowler|
|Summerland||Sun||TV series - 2 episodes|
|She Wants to Move||Hot Guy||Music video by N*E*R*D|
|2005||Cuts||Harrison||TV series - 2 episodes|
|Everwood||Cliff Fenton||TV series - 1 episode|
|2006||Mindy and Brenda||Josh||TV movie|
|Scary Movie 4||George Logan||Cameo|
|Monarch Cove||Eddie Lucas||TV series - 14 episodes|
|Rise: Blood Hunter||Hank|
|Superhero Movie||Human Torch|
|An American Carol||Himself|
|2009||2 Dudes and a Dream||Dirt Nasty|
|The Truth About Angels||Kane Connor|
|TiK ToK||Barry||Music video by Kesha|
|2010||Slightly Single in L.A.||J.P. Cipoletti||post-production|
|King of the Avenue||Taz||post-production|
|Yes||Dirt Nasty||Music Video by LMFAO|
|Nick Swardson's Pretend Time||Brian||TV Series - 1 episode|
|2011||Sexy and I Know It||Bicycle Man||Music Video by LMFAO|
|2012||Project X||Himself||small cameo (rapper in extended version)|
|2013||Scary Movie 5||Dan||Lead Role|
- Catching Up to Wilt (with Mickey Avalon, Andre Legacy, and Beardo) (2004)
- Dirt Nasty (2007)
- Shoot to Kill (with Mickey Avalon, Andre Legacy, and Beardo) (2008)
- Nasty as I Wanna Be (2011)
- Palatial (2013)
- The White Boys (with Andre Legacy and Beardo) (2014)
- The White Album (2010)
- Mickey Avalon - "My Dick" from Mickey Avalon (2005)
- Luckyiam - "Nevermind" from Most Likely to Succeed (2007)
- Verb - "1980 Gutter" from The East Side Extraterrestrial EP (2009)
- The Grouch & Eligh - "Can't Catch Me" from No More Greener Grasses (2003)
- Luckyiam - "Rap, Rap, Rap" from Most Likely to Succeed (2007)
- "Simon Rex - Overview". Allmovie. Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- facebook[unreliable source?]
- treez (2010-09-15). "The Ultimate Alter-Ego: Dirt Nasty vs. Simon Rex". Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- Simon Rex – Friday Fives - The Infatuation
- "Concert notice: Gay-porn-star-turned-comedy-music-act Simon Rex, aka Dirt Nasty, comes to the Loft in October". Dallas Voice. 2010-07-12. Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- Lester, Shallon (2008-10-29). "Former MTV VJ/porn star Simon Rex is trying his hand at rap music - NY Daily News". Articles.nydailynews.com. Retrieved 2013-02-07.
- "Simon Rex". TV.com. CBS Interactive. unk. Retrieved 2009-10-31.
- "Three Loco's Facebook page". Facebook.com. Retrieved 2012-05-24.[unreliable source?]
- Ehrich, Kathy (2006-05-24). "The Plumm is the new place in NYC". Usatoday.Com. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- iTunes - Music - The White Boys (feat. Dirt Nasty, Andre Legacy & Beardo) by The White Boys
- Dirt Nasty's official website
- Dirt Nasty's YouTube
- Simon Rex at the Internet Movie Database
- Dirt Nasty discography at Discogs