Driver in Germany 2013
|Born||Adam Douglas Driver
November 19, 1983
San Diego, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Joanne Tucker (m. 2013)|
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Years of service||2002–2004|
Driver was born in San Diego, California, and moved to the town of Mishawaka, Indiana, where he was raised, when he was seven years old. His mother, Nancy (Needham) Wright, is a paralegal, and his father, Joe Driver, is a preacher. His father's family is from Arkansas and his mother's family is from Indiana. His stepfather is a Baptist minister; his stepmother works for the Arkansas State Library in Little Rock; Driver had a religious upbringing, and sang in choir at church. He attended Mishawaka High School, where he graduated in 2001. He appeared in several high school plays and was an accomplished singer in the school's choir.
Shortly after the events of 9/11, Driver joined the United States Marine Corps. He served for two years and eight months before suffering an injury during a training exercise, and was medically discharged before he could deploy to Iraq. After leaving the Marines, he attended the University of Indianapolis for a year before transferring to the Juilliard School to study drama.
Following his graduation from Juilliard in 2009, Driver began acting in New York City, appearing in both Broadway and off-Broadway productions, while occasionally working as a busboy and waiter. On November 21, 2013, Driver was announced to be joining the cast of Jeff Nichols' Midnight Special. On January 13, 2014, Driver was added to the cast of Martin Scorsese's film, Silence. 
Driver married his longtime girlfriend, Joanne Tucker, on June 22, 2013. He runs a non-profit organization, Arts in the Armed Forces, which stages performances for military personnel. He considers John Cassavetes to be the model for the type of creative life he would like to emulate.
|2009||You Don't Know Jack: The Jack Soo Story||Glen Stetson|
|2011||J. Edgar||Walter Lyle|
|2012||Not Waving But Drowning||Adam|
|2012||Frances Ha||Lev Shapiro|
|2013||Inside Llewyn Davis||Al Cody|
|2013||The F Word||Allan|
|2014||This Is Where I Leave You||Phillip Foxman|
|2015||Star Wars Episode VII||TBA|
|2009||The Wonderful Maladys||Zed||Pilot|
|2009||The Unusuals||Will Slansky||Episode: "The E.I.D."|
|2010||Law & Order||Robby Vickery||Episode: "Brilliant Disguise"|
|2012–present||Girls||Adam Sackler||Nominated – Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series (2013, 2014)|
|2009||The Retributionists||Dov Kaplinsky||Playwrights Horizons|
|2010||Mrs. Warren's Profession||Frank Gardner||Roundabout Revival|
|2010||Angels in America||Louis Ironson||Signature Theatre Company|
|2011||Man and Boy||Basil Anthony||Roundabout Revival|
|2012||Look Back In Anger||Cliff||Roundabout Theatre Company|
- The Retributionists (2009-09-03). "Former Marine Adam Driver Enlists in Off-B'way's The Retributionists | Broadway Buzz". Broadway.com. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- By. "Adam Driver, Boy Among Girls - Page". Interview Magazine. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- California Births, 1905 - 1995, Adam Driver
- Kennedy, Mark (14 October 2011). "In the driver's seat: Adam Driver's hot career". Reading Eagle. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- Grigoriadis, Vanessa. "Adam Driver on Playing Lena Dunham’s Boyfriend". Vulture. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- "Exploring possibilitiesMishawaka grad takes challenging path on course to Broadway - South Bend Tribune". Articles.southbendtribune.com. 2007-12-28. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- "Mr. Driver’s Profession - TDF Stages". Wp.tdf.org. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- Stern, Marlow (2013-05-15). "Adam Driver on ‘Frances Ha,’ His ‘Girls’ Audition, and Juilliard - Newsweek". Mag.newsweek.com. Retrieved 2014-01-22.
- "Famous Veteran: Adam Driver". http://www.military.com. Military.com. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- Nathan, Sara (28 February 2014). "Girls' Adam Driver when he signed up to U.S. Marine Corps". Daily Mail. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- Ryzik, Melena (13 January 2013). "And in this Corner, the Boys of 'Girls'". The New York Times. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- Sneider, Jeff. "Adam Driver Joins Joel Edgerton, Kirsten Dunst in WB’s Sci-Fi Drama ‘Midnight Special’ (Exclusive)". The Wrap. TheWrap.com. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Friedman, Roger. "Exclusive: Scorsese Adding Adam Driver to Next Film “Silence”". Showbiz 411. Showbiz411.com. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Kroll, Justin (February 26, 2014). "‘Star Wars’: Adam Driver to Play the Villain (EXCLUSIVE)". variety.com. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- "Star Wars: Episode VII Cast Announced". StarWars.com. April 29, 2014.
- Takeda, Allison (June 24, 2013). "Adam Driver Married: Girls Actor Weds Joanne Tucker". Us Weekly. Retrieved June 24, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adam Driver.|
- Adam Driver at the Internet Movie Database
- Adam Driver: Theatre Credits - broadwayworld.com
- New York Times article "No Combat Duty but Plenty of Curtain Calls" By Erik Piepenburg
- Interview magazine article "Adam Driver, Boy Among Girls" By Keely Weiss
- W Magazine article "Adam Driver: Manning Up" By Vanessa Lawrence
- Playbill article "Playbill.com's Brief Encounter With Adam Driver" By Robert Simonson