Snorre Serigstad Valen (born 16 September 1984 in Oslo) is a Norwegian musician and politician (SV). He was elected to the Stortinget from Sør-Trøndelag in 2009. Valen previously worked as a communications assistant at NTNU Social Research.
After being elected to the Norwegian parliament in 2009, he served as member of the Standing Committee on Energy and the Environment from 2009 to March 2012. He has been the second deputy chair of the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and Defence since April 2013.
In February 2011 Valen nominated the website Wikileaks for the Nobel peace prize  In 2013, he nominated Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden for the 2014 Nobel peace prize, stating that Manning's leaks helped end the Iraq war while Snowden has exposed how the war on terror has led to mass surveillance of ordinary people.
Valen is a pianist and singer, and has a background in Nidarosdomens Guttekor and has studied music at Trondheim katedralskole. From 2004–2008 he played in the band Gallery, and released one record with the group. He now plays in the electronica group Amish 82 and the blues band Peevish Penfriend.
- Snorre Serigstad Valen in Store norske leksikon (Norwegian)
- Valen, Snorre Serigstad ( 1984- ) (Norwegian) Stortinget.no, retrieved 23 July 2013
- http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/WikiLeaks-Nominated-for-Nobel-Peace-Prize-115110634.html Voice of America
- Espen Løkeland-Stai (24 July 2013): Nomineres til fredsprisen 2014 (Norwegian) Dagsavisen, retrieved 24 July 2013
- Wenche Fuglehaug (25 October 2012): Nei til konge, ja til kongemiddag (Norwegian) Aftenposten, retrieved 23 July 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Snorre Valen.|
|This article about a Norwegian politician born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|