March 24, 1972 |
New York City, United States
|Occupation||Director, writer, story artist, voice actor|
|Notable work(s)||Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch, Igor|
Anthony "Tony" Leondis (born March 24, 1972) is an American film director, writer and voice actor of animation. Leondis started his career as a story artist working on films such as The Prince of Egypt and The Lion King II: Simba's Pride. He later joined DisneyToon Studios, where he co-wrote the script for Kronk's New Groove. Leondis made his directorial debut on Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch in 2005. In 2008, he directed his first theatrical animated film, Igor, for Exodus Film Group.
In 2009, it was reported that Leondis will direct at DreamWorks Animation an animated feature film about ghosts, with a working title Boo U. and a schedule to be released in 2012. In 2012, DWA announced that the film, based on an original idea by Leondis, and titled B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations, will be released on June 5, 2015.
- The Lion King II: Simba's Pride (1998) (additional character designer)
- The Prince of Egypt (1998) (story artist)
- The Road to El Dorado (2000) (additional storyboard artist)
- Home on the Range (2004) (story artist)
- Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (2005) (director, screenplay)
- Kronk's New Groove (2005) (story)
- Igor (2008) (director, additional screenplay, voice of Killisuem Fan)
- Kung Fu Panda: Secrets of the Masters (2011) (director, voice of Croc)
- B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations (2015) (director)
- "Weinsteins tap ‘Igor’ helmer". Variety. August 11, 2013. Retrieved August 11, 2013.
- Barrett, Annie (June 19, 2009). "DreamWorks greenlights animated ghost project 'Boo U'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved December 14, 2011.
- DreamWorks Animation (September 9, 2012). "New Distributor Twentieth Century Fox Unveils DreamWorks Animation's Release Slate Through 2016". DreamWorks Animation. Retrieved September 10, 2012.
|This article about a United States film director born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|