Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article does not cite any sources. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|1051 by topic|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1804|
|Balinese saka calendar||972–973|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||庚寅年 (Metal Tiger)|
3747 or 3687
— to —
辛卯年 (Metal Rabbit)
3748 or 3688
|- Vikram Samvat||1107–1108|
|- Shaka Samvat||972–973|
|- Kali Yuga||4151–4152|
|Japanese calendar||Eishō 6|
|Minguo calendar||861 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||1362/1363 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1593–1594|
1177 or 796 or 24
— to —
1178 or 797 or 25
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1051.|
- Godwin, Earl of Wessex, is exiled from England by King Edward the Confessor, for refusing to take action against the townspeople of Dover. He returns the following year.
- Hilarion of Kiev becomes the first native metropolitan of the Eastern Orthodox Church, in Kievan Rus.
- May 19 – Henry I of France marries Anne of Kiev at the cathedral of Reims.
- William of Normandy fights for his life and crown in Normandy.
- Heregeld is abolished, by King Edward the Confessor of England.
- Estonians recapture the fort in Tartu from the Russians.
- September 21 – Bertha of Savoy, Holy Roman Empress consort (d. 1087)
- Edgar Atheling, uncrowned King of England, 1066, after the Battle of Hastings
- Mi Fu, Chinese poet, painter, and calligrapher (d. 1107)
- January 22 – Ælfric Puttoc, archbishop of York
- March 25 – Hugh IV, Count of Maine
- Bi Sheng, Song Dynasty Chinese inventor of movable type printing