Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Vijay Milton|
|Produced by||AR Murugadoss|
|Written by||Vijay Milton|
Anoop Seelin 
|Edited by||Sreekar Prasad|
AR Murugadoss Productions
|Distributed by||Fox Star Studios|
|Box office||est.₹420 million |
10 Endrathukulla or sometimes 10 Enradhukulla (English: Before I count to ten) is a 2015 Indian Tamil action film written and directed by Vijay Milton. Produced by AR Murugadoss and Fox Star Studios, the film features Vikram and Samantha Ruth Prabhu in the lead roles. It was released on 21 October 2015 to mixed reviews. This movie was also dubbed in Hindi as 'Dus Ka Dum' (English : Power Of 10).
A driving instructor (Vikram), who refers to himself by various names such as "James Bond" and "Mani Ratnam" or "Sunil Gavaskar", but never reveals his actual name, is assigned by a local criminal, Das (Pasupathy), to deliver a woman named Shakeela (Samantha Ruth Prabhu) to Pooran Singh (Abhimanyu Singh) in Mussoorie. Shakeela is an orphan who has failed her driving test 14 times. The driving instructor is constantly irritated by Shakeela's antics during the journey to Mussoorie, but soon falls in love with her. At Mussoorie, he learns from Pooran Singh that Shakeela is to be delivered to Daksha Bhai (Rahul Dev), an upper-caste landlord from an Uttarakhand village. He delivers Shakeela to Daksha Bhai and is invited to stay at his ancestral mansion for a festival.
During the stay, he finds out why Shakeela has been delivered to Daksha Bhai: Shakeela is the doppelgänger of Daksha Bhai's sister Gadgi Moi (Samantha Ruth Prabhu), a cruel and merciless upper-caste leader who has been sentenced to death for orchestrating a massacre against the lower-caste people. Daksha Bhai plans to send Shakeela to jail in the place of Gadgi, who has been released on parole to perform the last rites of her dead mother. The plan backfires as Shakeela escapes from the police. In the chaos that ensues, Gadgi breaks her cover and kidnaps Shakeela, planning to kill her in a moving train. The driving instructor manages to rescue Shakeela and kill Gadgi Moi. Daksha Bhai, distraught at Gadgi's death, commits suicide by jumping off the train with her body.
In the end, the driving instructor and Shakeela, who are now in a relationship, happily drive back to Chennai. During the journey, he (Vikram) whispers his name in Shakeela's ear to which she reacts in a disgusting manner.
- Vikram as a driving instructor who uses various pseudonyms
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu in a dual role as Shakeela and Gadgi Moi
- Sunil Thapa as Lawyer
- Pasupathy as Das
- Rahul Dev as Daksha Bhai
- Abhimanyu Singh as Pooran Singh
- Ramdoss as the driving instructor's boss
- Sam Anderson as Das's henchman
- Saravana Subbiah as a police officer
- Ajay as a don in Telangana
- Manobala as Manikandan
- Imman Annachi as Annachi
- T. M. Karthik as a doctor
- Billy as Billy
- Seetha as ATM
- Pandi as ATM's boyfriend
- Charmy Kaur in a special appearance
- Sridhar in a special appearance
Vijay Milton collaborated with Vikram for his next film. Director AR Murugadoss was confirmed to be bankrolling the film along with Fox Star Studios. Initially titled Idam Maari Irangiyavan, the film was later renamed as 10 Endrathukulla. D. Imman was signed on as composer for this film, which the composer confirmed through his official Twitter handle. The movie is supposed to be a road movie, which Behindwoods states was a relatively fresh genre for the Tamil audience.
Prabhu was selected to play a lead role, marking her first collaboration with Vikram. Pasupathy has been roped in to play an important role in the film. It was confirmed that Bollywood actor Jackie Shroff would play the antagonist in the film, therefore making a comeback to Tamil cinema after Aaranya Kaandam (2011). In August 2014, Ramdoss of Mundasupatti (2014) fame was added to the cast and Manobala confirmed on his Twitter account that he too was part of the film.
Scenes involving Vikram and Samantha were shot in Chennai for a week's time and the team was spotted filming in the MRC Nagar area of Chennai. The film began its first schedule on 26 May 2014. The film's first schedule ran for 7 days covering Hyderabad, Ladakh, Sikkim and many major North Indian cities.A major portion of fliming is also done in Nepal whose location are mainly Bhaktapur.The crew reported that they would shoot in many exotic locations across the globe, but also strictly adhere to a 6 months time frame, when the project will be completed. Furthermore, the team also promised a surprise Hollywood crew in the movie. The second schedule began on 23 June 2014. On 23 July 2014, the second schedule was completed and next schedule began subsequently. A song sequence featuring the lead pair was shot in a set erected near DMI College of Engineering near Sriperumbudur in August 2014. In late August 2014, about 3 schedules in were completed in Chennai, In One of the 3 schedules a scene featuring the lead actress Samantha, actor Vikram in a duck farm near Madha Engg. College was shot and the fourth schedule was planned to be shot in Pune for close to 20 days, with the schedule including a song sequence as well. The climax of the film was shot in Nepal and the train sequence Cappadocia, Turkey.
In October, Charmme Kaur shot for a nine-minute-long song, which was said to have been designed like a play, with Charmme appearing as a character throughout the song. A set for about two-and-a-half crore rupees had been erected in Pune for the shoot. In September, 80% of the film was complete. One song scene was shot in Sikkim mountains on 29 October 2014. Shoot was done in Sikkim, Bagdogra, Jaipur and Delhi. The film team roped Racer Narain Karthikeyan for the action sequences with the racing car. Samantha said that the film was the toughest character she has played so far. On 8 April 2015, the filming part ended at Nepal and post production started.Lee Whittaker was the action director in the film.
|Soundtrack album by D. Imman|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|D. Imman chronology|
D. Imman composed the soundtrack for the film with lyrics written by Madhan Karky. Imman, in an interview with Behindwoods, said that it gave the opportunity for him to explore racy music since the film was a road thriller.
|1.||"Vroom Vroom"||Madhan Karky||Santosh Hariharan|
|2.||"Aanalum Indha Mayakkam"||Madhan Karky||Sathya Prakash|
|3.||"Pathu Endrathukulla (female version)"||Mani Amudhan||Vaikom Vijayalakshmi|
|4.||"Gaana Gaana"||Madhan Karky||Shreya Ghoshal, Anand Aravindakshan|
|5.||"Pathu Endrathukulla (male version)"||Mani Amudhan||Vishal Dadlani|
|6.||"Mysterious Travel"||D. Imman|
|7.||"Aanalum Indha Mayakkam (Karaoke version)"|
|8.||"Vroom Vroom (Karaoke version)"|
The film was initially expected to be released by January 2015, but citing the release of the Vikram's other film I, 10 Enradhukulla's release was pushed to 21 October. The film got a clean U certificate from the Indian Censor Board, and the satellite rights of the film were sold to STAR Vijay.
||This section contains too many or too-lengthy quotations for an encyclopedic entry. (October 2015)|
Baradwaj Rangan wrote, "With 10 Enradhukulla, Milton has made exactly the kind of movie for which Goli Soda appeared an antidote. The writing is shockingly scattershot, right from the scene that's supposed to set up the story". Deccan Chronicle gave 2 stars out of 5 and wrote, "10 Endrathukulla is a good pathology of current Tamil cinema: you have the decision makers of the filming world deciding that it is best to forego artistic ingenuity in favour of safe and predictable entertainment". The Times of India gave the same rating and wrote, "this film lacks the liveliness and inventiveness that made Goli Soda stand out. Rather the focus seems to have shifted from script to scale — smart writing is traded in for exotic locales, larger-than-life characters, over-the-top action choreography and overall blandness". Rediff gave 2 stars as well and wrote, "10 Endrathukulla is a tedious road film marred by overzealous performances, ordinary music, tacky CGI and poor execution". Sify wrote, "The film has racy action sequences, bubbly romance along with unexpected twists and turns but somewhere the packaging goes haywire. Though everything looks good on paper, Milton has lost things in translation". DNA stated "Vijay Milton has come up with a story that unfortunately doesn't do much for the audience. The movie has a very 1980s feel and look and considering the movies releasing today, this one is outdated" and rated it 2 out of 5. Indiaglitz stated "A jolly ride with a few speed breakers" and rated the film 2.75 out of 5. Behindwoods stated "Not as racy as expected, but a watchable ride" and rated the film 2.5 out of 5.
- "Anoop does the background score for Vikram’s next in Kollywood". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "10 ENRADHUKULLA (12A)". British Board of Film Classification. 14 October 2015. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- "Vikram & Samantha shoot in Chennai". Sify. 23 June 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Box office collection: 'Naanum Rowdy Thaan' overpowers '10 Endrathukulla' in overseas centres". International Business Times. 29 Oct 2015.
- "10 Endrathukulla collects 16 crore in 5 days". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- Vikram-Samantha starrer officially titled. Sify. 17 July 2014. Retrieved 20 July 2014
- AR Murugadoss is an important part of Vikram's next. Behindwoods. 2 May 2014. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "I wanted to quit films, says Samantha".
- "Vikram is Hassle-Free, Says his 10 Enradhukulla Co-Star".
- "'10 Endrathukulla' (10 Enradhukulla) movie review: Live audience response".
- "Vikram Samantha Movie Titled as Pathu Endrathukulla - YouTube". 2015.
- Vikram & Vijay Milton to join hands. Sify. 3 May 2014. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- Vijay Milton signs Vikram-Samantha-Murugadoss for his next film. Behindwoods. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- AR Murugadoss is an important part of Vikram's next. Behindwoods. 2 May 2014. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Pasupathy's third with Vikram. Indiaglitz. 7 May 2014. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- Vikram-Samantha starrer to have a baddie from B-wood. Indiaglitz. 30 June 2014. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- Karthik, Janani (12 August 2014). 'Mundasupatti' character linked in Vijay Milton-Vikram film. The Times of India. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- M. K. Surendhar (1 August 2014). Manobala joins Vikram’s 10 Enradhukulla. Onlykollywood. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- Vikram, Samantha start romancing today. The Times of India. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- Seshagiri, Sangeetha (27 May 2014). "Kollywood News: Vijay's 'Kaththi' First Look Confirmed for 22 June; Vikram-Samantha Film Titled 'Paththu Endrathukullaye'?". International Business Times. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- When and where of Vikram's shoot. Indiaglitz. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- Samantha's next film Schedule from June 23. The Times of India. 7 June 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- Krishnamoorthy, Vinoth (25 June 2014). Vikram's '10 Enradhukulla' Movie shooting in progress. Cinepepper. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- M. K. Surendhar (24 August 2014). 10 Enradhukulla update: Song featuring Vikram and Samantha shot. Onlykollywood. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- Vikram on a diligent shooting spree .... Behindwoods. 28 August 2014. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- K. R. Manigandan (1 May 2014). Vikram, Samantha will head to Turkey. The Times of India. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- Charmme in a song. Indiatimes. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- Vikram,Samantha movie on fast track. Behindwoods. 30 September 2014. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- "Narain Karthikeyan to help in action scene in '10 Enradhukulla'". business-standard.com. 20 November 2014. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Samantha finds 10 Endradukulla, toughest !!". vuin.net. 29 March 2015.
- "Vikram's '10 Enradhukulla' wrapped".
- Vikram-Samantha Ruth Prabhu starrer’s next schedule goes on the floors. Desimartini. 25 June 2014. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- Mithun; Venkat (28 September 2014). PLACES FOR PIZZAS AND BURGERS ARE APLENTY. BUT FOR AUTHENTIC RASAM SADHAM OR PULI SORU THERE AREN'T MANY.. Behindwoods. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- 10 Enradhukulla slated for Pongal (2015) release. Onlykollywood. 22 September 2014. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- Vikram, Samantha count up to 10. The Times of India. 17 July 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "10 Endrathukulla satellite rights sold". Movie Clickz. 13 October 2015. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- Baradwaj Rangan. "10 Enradhukulla: A slipshod road movie". The Hindu. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Movie review '10 Endrathukulla': A predictable entertainment". deccanchronicle.com. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "10 Endrathukulla Movie Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Review: 10 Endrathukulla is a tedious watch". Rediff. 21 October 2015. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Review : 10 Enradhukulla". Sify. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "'10 Endrathukulla' film review: Strictly for Vikram fans!". dnaindia.com. 21 October 2015.
- "10 Endrathukulla Movie Review – Fun ride minus the speed".
- "10 ENDRATHUKULLA MOVIE REVIEW".
- "10 Endrathukulla' (10 Enradhukulla) first day box office collection: Vikram starrer fails to beat Vijay's 'Puli' opening day business". Ib Times.co. 22 October 2015.
- "BOX-OFFICE: 10 ENDRATHUKULLA'S OPENING DAY FIGURE". behind woods. 22 October 2015.