1873 in architecture
The year 1873 in architecture involved some significant architectural events and new buildings.
- Weltausstellung 1873 Wien, a world's fair in Vienna, is staged with the Rotunde as centrepiece. Architect for the exposition is Karl von Hasenauer, who is created Freiherr for his services.
- May 5 - Midland Grand Hotel in London, England, is substantially completed and opened, the largest hotel in the world at this time.
- August 22 - Garrett Theatre, Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- September 2 - The Berlin Victory Column in Berlin, Germany.
- September 29 - Christ Church Cathedral, Ottawa, Canada.
- Ørskog Church, Norway, by Jacob Wilhelm Nordan.
- Rua Augusta Arch in Lisbon, built to commemorate the city's reconstruction after the 1755 earthquake.
- Trinity Church, Copley Square, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, designed by H.H. Richardson.
- 549 Lordship Lane: the "Concrete House", East Dulwich, London.
- February 2 - Oskar Kaufmann, Hungarian-Jewish architect (died 1956)
- August 20 - Eliel Saarinen, Finnish art deco architect (died 1950)
- November 10 - David Lynn, US architect, Architect of the Capitol 1923-1954 (died 1961)
- date unknown - Salvador Valeri i Pupurull, Catalan architect (died 1954)
- May 2 - Samuel Sanders Teulon, English Gothic Revival architect (born 1812)
- date unknown - Sampson Kempthorne, English architect and workhouse designer also practising in New Zealand (born 1809)
- Lane, Thomas (2009-05-22). "Sleeping beauty awakes: the St Pancras Midland Grand hotel". building.co.uk. Archived from the original on 2010-10-28.
- Baptista de Lima, João (2008). Póvoa de Varzim - Monografia e Materiais para a sua história. Na Linha do horizonte - Biblioteca Poveira CMPV.
- Heritage Trust.
- De Macedo, Joaquim (2010). A Guide to Lisbon and Its Environs Including Cintra and Mafra with a Large Plan of Lisbon. Read Books. pp. passim. ISBN 1-4455-5194-2.
- "David Lynn". Architect of the Capitol. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- "Samuel Sanders Teulon, Fellow". Papers Read at the Royal Institute of British Architects, Session 1872–73. 1873. pp. 215–7.