From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014)
The year 1877 in architecture involved some significant events.
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II (shopping arcade) in Milan, designed by Giuseppe Mengoni, is completed.
- Galleria dell'Industria Subalpina in Turin, designed by Pietro Carrera, is completed.
- Manchester Town Hall in Manchester, England, designed by Alfred Waterhouse, is completed.
- Trinity Church (Boston) in the United States, designed by Henry Hobson Richardson, is consecrated.
- New railway stations for the North Eastern Railway (United Kingdom) are completed at York, largely designed by Thomas Prosser, and Middlesbrough, designed by William Peachey.
- Maria Pia Bridge in Porto, Portugal, built by Gustave Eiffel, is completed.
- Rebuilt Ardverikie House in Scotland, designed by John Rhind, is completed.
- ^ "History". Ardverikie Estate Limited. Retrieved 2014-07-05.