1973 Pro Bowl
|Date||January 21, 1973|
|Stadium||Texas Stadium, Irving, Texas|
|MVP||O. J. Simpson (Buffalo Bills)|
|TV in the United States|
|Announcers||Frank Glieber, Alex Hawkins & Bruce Roberts|
The 1973 Pro Bowl was the NFL's 23rd annual all-star game which featured the outstanding performers from the 1972 season. The game was played on Sunday, January 21, 1973, at Texas Stadium in Irving, Texas. It was the first Pro Bowl not to be played at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.The final score was AFC 33, NFC 28. O. J. Simpson of the Buffalo Bills was named the game's Most Valuable Player.
Players on the winning AFC team received $2,000 apiece while the NFC participants each took home $1,500.
- "AFC holds off NFC by 33–28". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. AP. January 22, 1973. p. 16. Retrieved January 18, 2012.
- "1973 Pro Bowl game book" (PDF). NFL Game Statistics & Information. National Football League. Archived (PDF) from the original on January 30, 2012. Retrieved January 30, 2012.
- "The 1973 Pro Bowl". Bolding Sports Research. Archived from the original on January 18, 2012. Retrieved January 18, 2012.
- "NFL Pro Bowl history". CBSSports.com. Archived from the original on January 16, 2012. Retrieved January 31, 2012.
- "1973 Pro Bowl players". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Archived from the original on January 31, 2012. Retrieved January 31, 2012.
|This American football–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|