|Country of origin||USA|
|Original release||4 April 2000– 26 September 2000|
|No. of episodes||26|
2000X is a dramatic anthology series released by National Public Radio and produced by the Hollywood Theater of the Ear. There were 49 plays of various lengths in 26 one-hour programs broadcast weekly and later released on the Internet. Plays were adaptations of futuristic stories, novels and plays by noted authors. Producer/director Yuri Rasovsky and host/consultant Harlan Ellison won the 2001 Bradbury Award from the Science Fiction Writers of America for their work on this program.
Plays in the series
|Program Number||Title||Air Date (yyyy mm dd)||Author (adapted by)|
|1||By His Bootstraps||2000 04 02||Robert A. Heinlein|
|2||Vaster Than Empires and More Slow||2000 04 09||Ursula K. Le Guin|
|3a||Collector's Fever||2000 04 16||Roger Zelazny|
|3b||Knock||2000 04 16||Fredric Brown|
|3c||Even the Queen||2000 04 16||Connie Willis|
|4||The Mission of the Vega||2000 04 23||Friedrich Dürrenmatt|
|5a||And Miles to Go Before I Sleep||2000 04 30||Nolan, William F.|
|5b||The Machine Stops||2000 04 30||E. M. Forster|
|6a||Revival Meeting||2000 05 07||Dannie Plachta|
|6b||Dear Pen Pal||2000 05 07||A. E. van Vogt|
|6c||A Learned Fable||2000 05 07||Mark Twain|
|7a||Why Support for Public Radio Must Increase in the New Century||2000 05 14||Tom Towles|
|7b||Pillar of Fire||2000 05 14||Ray Bradbury|
|8||RUR||2000 05 21||Capek, Karel|
|9a||Sentience Today||2000 05 28||Gort Klatu|
|9b||A Sleep and a Forgetting||2000 05 28||Silverberg, Robert|
|10a||The Survey||2000 06 04||Yuri Rasovsky|
|10b||A Dream of Armageddon||2000 06 04||Wells, H. G.|
- Brown, Fredric. "Blood"
- Burroughs, Edgar Rice. The Moon Maid
- Butler, Octavia E. "Bloodchild"
- Dowling, Terry. "The Only Bird in Her Name"
- Dryden, John. All for Love
- Hubbard, L. Ron. "Ole Doc Methuselah"
- Kersh, Gerald. "A Little Bank Deposit"
- Kipling, Rudyard. "As Easy as ABC"
- Kornbluth, C. M. "The Marching Morons"
- Leinster, Murray. "The Mad Planet"
- Lister, T. H. "A Dialogue for the Year 2130"
- London, Jack. "A Curious Fragment"
- Moore, C. L. "Shambleau"
- Rasovsky, Yuri. It Came from Outer Pinsk
- ——. Millennium Bug
- ——. Millennium Bug II
- ——. Why Support for Public Radio Must Increase in the New Century
- Robinson, Frank M. "The Hunting Season"
- Sheckley, Robert. "The Watchbird"
- Shaw, George Bernard. "The Thing Happens" from Back to Methuselah
- Slesar, Henry. "Merchant"
- Sturgeon, Theodore. "Hurricane Trio"
- Vonnegut, Kurt. "Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow"
- Young, Wayland. "The Choice"