2017 in Nepal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Events in the year 2017 in Nepal.
- President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- Vice President: Nanda Kishor Pun
- Prime Minister: previously Pushpa Kamal Dahal and currently Sher Bahadur Deuba
- Chief Justice: Sushila Karki (until 9 June), Gopal Prasad Parajauli (starting 9 June)
- May 14 - First phase of Local elections.
- May 27 - Summit Air Flight 409 crashes on final approach at Lukla Airport.
- June 28 - Second phase of Local elections.
- August 7/8 - Partial Lunar eclipse visible from entire Nepal.
- August 10-14 - Monsoon Floods lead to death of about 150 people in southern districts of Nepal.
- September 18 - Third phase of Local elections.
- October 14 - Tenure of Legislature Parliament ends.
- November 26 – First round of the legislative election.
- December 7 – Second round of the legislative election 
- 14 January – Yama Buddha, rapper (b. 1987).
- 6 May – Min Bahadur Sherchan, mountaineer (b. 1931)
- 6 May – Marshall Julum Shakya, politician (b. 1939)
- 14 July – Ram Hari Joshi, former minister and founding member of Nepali Congress (b. 1928)
- 11 November – Kirti Nidhi Bista, 25th Prime Minister of Nepal (b. 1927)
- Doshi, Vidhi (6 December 2017). "Nepal votes Thursday. China and India are watching closely". Retrieved 18 December 2017 – via www.WashingtonPost.com.
- Sharma, Chiran (15 January 2017). "Famous rapper Yama Buddha no more". myrepublica.com. Retrieved 4 February 2017.
- Magar, Santa Gaha. "निष्ठाका पर्याय रामहरि जोशी". myrepublica.com. Retrieved 5 September 2017.