2019 in Ukraine
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 2019|
List of years in Ukraine
- President: Petro Poroshenko (2014–2019), Volodymyr Zelensky (2019–present)
- Prime Minister: Volodymyr Groysman
- January 5 – Bartholomew I of Constantinople issues formal decree granting Orthodox Church of Ukraine independence from the Russian Orthodox Church.
- 31 March 2019 Ukrainian presidential election
- 21 July 2019 Ukrainian parliamentary election
- 7 September – Filmmaker Oleg Sentsov and 66 others have been released in a prisoner exchange between Ukraine and Russia.
- "Ukraine Orthodox Church granted independence from Russian Church". BBC. 5 January 2019. Retrieved 8 January 2019.
- "FILMMAKER OLEG SENTSOV AND OTHERS FREED IN PRISONER SWAP", Amnesty International/USA, retrieved Sep 7, 2019
- "Українські в'язні повернулися. Хто серед них? Повний список" [Ukrainian prisoners are back. Who among them? Full list]. BBC (in Ukrainian). 7 September 2019. Retrieved 9 January 2020.