(Redirected from AVKit)
AVFoundation is a multimedia framework with APIs in Objective-C and Swift, which provides high-level services for working with time-based audiovisual media on Apple Darwin-based operating systems: iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS. It was first introduced in iOS 4 and has seen significant changes in iOS 5 and iOS 6. Starting with Mac OS X Lion, it is now the default media framework for the macOS platform.
As a component of AVFoundation, AVKit is an API that comes with OS X Mavericks 10.9+ and can be used with Xcode 5.0+ for developing media player software for Mac.
The AVKit software framework is replacing QTKit which was deprecated in OS X Mavericks, and was discontinued with the release of macOS Catalina.
- ^ "AV Foundation". Apple Inc. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- ^ Exploring AV Foundation - WWDC 2011
- ^ Framework AVFoundation - API Reference developer.apple.com
- Official website
- Moving to AV Kit and AV Foundation presentation (video and slides) from WWDC 2013 at Apple Developer
- Moving to AV Kit and AV Foundation slides at Huihoo Foundation Documents
- Technical Note TN2300: Transitioning QTKit Code to AV Foundation at Apple Developer Archive