|Traded as||TSX: AAH|
|Fate||Acquired by Mitel Networks Corporation|
|Headquarters||Concord, Ontario, Canada|
|Francis Shen, Chairman & Co-CEO
Anthony Shen, Co-CEO, President, & COO
|Revenue||$834 million CAD (2009) |
|$45 million CAD (2009) |
Number of employees
Aastra Technologies Limited headquartered in Concord, Ontario, Canada, makes products and systems for accessing communication networks including the Internet. Its products include residential and business telephone terminals, screen telephones, Enterprise Private branch exchanges (PBX), network access terminals and high quality digital video encoders, decoders and gateways.
Mitel Networks Corp. announced on November 11, 2013 that it will acquire Aastra Technologies Ltd. in a stock and cash deal valued at about $400 million. Aastra has also confirmed the news stating that the two companies will merge.
- In 1983, Francis Shen and Hugh Scholaert bought an engineering consulting company (Aerospace & Defense Market).
- In 1993, the company started to specialise in telecommunications to develop and market products and systems to access communication networks.
- In 1996, listing as a public company in Canada.
Mergers, Acquisitions and Sales
- In 2000, Aastra acquired assets of Nortel Networks Access Solutions Division including the rights to manufacture phones under the Nortel name..
- In 2001, Aastra acquired Nortel Digital Video Division and Ericsson Cable Modem.
- In 2002, Aastra acquired Nortel CVX & CSG Division.
- In 2003, Aastra acquired the ASCOM PBX System Division.
- In 2005, 75% of Aastra Technologies'sales were made in Europe, having purchased that year the EADS Enterprise Telephony Business and the DeTeWe Telecommunication Systems business (Germany), with 17% in the United States, and only 5% in Canada.
- In 2008, Aastra received Internet Telephony's Best of Show Award for 2007 for Best Large Enterprise Solution 
- In 2008, Aastra acquired the enterprise PBX division of Ericsson.
- In January 2014, Mitel acquired Aastra.
- "Aastra quarterly reports".
- "Company Profile for Aastra Technologies Limited (CA;AAH)". Zenobank. Retrieved 2008-10-06.
- "Mitel buys Aastra in $400M telecom merger". CBC News. November 11, 2013. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- "Unified Communications Industry Consolidation – Lessons Learned from Ericsson Acquisition". Frost & Sullivan. October 2009. Retrieved October 21, 2009.
- Grigonis, Richard (March 2008). "2008 Internet Telephony Best of Show Awards". Internet Telephony. Retrieved January 21, 2009.
- "Aastra Technologies to acquire Ericsson’s Enterprise Communication Business" (Press release). Aastra. February 18, 2008. Retrieved February 18, 2008.
- "Ericsson to divest its enterprise PBX solutions to Aastra Technologies" (Press release). Ericsson. February 18, 2008. Retrieved November 7, 2008.
- "Mitel Networks buys Aastra Technologies in friendly takeover deal to create bigger high-tech player" (Press release). Aastra. November 11, 2013. Retrieved November 11, 2013.