This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Founded||Granby, Quebec, Canada (August 24, 1938 )|
|Founder||L.-A. Mondou, Omer Deslauriers and 86 dairy producers from the Granby area|
|Émile Cordeau (CEO), Roger Massicotte (President) (Former), Serge Riendeau (President)|
|6.7 billion litres of milk|
|Revenue||C$7.3 billion (2021)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
The Agropur Dairy Cooperative, usually shortened to Agropur, is headquartered in Saint-Hubert, Longueuil, Quebec, Canada.
Agropur Cooperative is a North American dairy cooperative founded in 1938. It is a supplier of products for the industrial, retail, and food service sectors. It is also responsible for a number of its own consumer brands and products .
In 1971, the Quebec-based Coopérative Agricole de Granby (renamed Agropur in 1979) obtained the Canadian licence to manufacture and market Yoplait products. In 1993, Agropur's yogurt manufacturing and marketing operations were combined with those of Agrifoods, a federal cooperative owned by 2,500 dairy producers in Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan, forming Ultima Foods.
On August 31, 2017, Agropur and Agrifoods announced that they had concluded an agreement pursuant to which Agropur would become the sole owner of Ultima Foods, subject to regulatory approval.
In December 2020, Agropur announced the sale of its yogurt activities in Canada to Lactalis (based in France).
In 2022, Agropur made a significant $34 million investment in its ice cream and frozen novelties plant novelties in Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada.
In January 2017, Agropur acquired the Nova Scotia-based company Scotsburn, expanding its offering of ice cream and novelty products. At the time of the acquisition, Scotsburn had annual sales of more than $150 million.
- Agropur Grand Cheddar
- Agropur Signature
- Central Dairies
- Masters reserve
- Scotsburn (acquired 2017)
- Island Farms
- Sealtest Dairy
- Monsieur Gustav 
- ^ "Agropur through the decades". Agropur. Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- ^ "Corporate Profile". Agropur. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- ^ "Annual Report 2017". Agropur. Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- ^ "Agropur announces it has acquired the assets of Scotsburn" (Press release). Newswire. February 2, 2017. Retrieved November 9, 2021.
- ^ Beauchamp, Claude (1988). Agropur : cinquante ans de rêves et de réalisations depuis la Société coopérative agricole du canton de Granby, 1938-1988 (in French). Montreal: Boréal. ISBN 2-89052-245-8. OCLC 23692060.
- ^ Audy, Michel; Les Films Audy Ltée (1987), Une étonnante réalité (in French), Les Films Audy Ltée, OCLC 1131662500
- ^ "Agropur Signature | Agropur". www.agropur.com. Retrieved 2022-09-12.
- ^ Agropur. "The logo's history". Retrieved 2019-02-15.
- ^ Ultima Foods. "Ultima Story". Retrieved 2019-02-15.
- ^ Agropur (2020-12-17). "Transaction concernant les activités de yogourt d'Agropur".
- ^ "Agropur injects $34 million into its ice cream and frozen novelties plant in Truro | Agropur". www.agropur.com. Retrieved 2022-08-02.
- ^ "Agropur announces it has acquired the assets of Scotsburn". Newswire (Press release). February 2, 2017. Archived from the original on 2021-11-10. Retrieved November 9, 2021.
- ^ "Monsieur Gustav". www.agropur.com (in French). Retrieved 2022-12-09.