|Full name||Alejandro Zendejas Saavedra|
|Date of birth||February 7, 1998|
|Place of birth||Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico|
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|2017–2018||→ Zacatepec (loan)||32||(4)|
|2013||United States U15||10||(2)|
|2013–2015||United States U17||27||(4)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of August 22, 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of January 17, 2018
Alejandro "Alex" Zendejas Saavedra (born February 7, 1998) is a Mexican-American footballer who currently plays as a winger for C.D. Guadalajara of the Liga MX. He also holds U.S. citizenship having grown up in Texas and appeared for U.S. youth squads before signing with Guadalajara.
Zendejas was born in Ciudad Juárez in Mexico before moving to El Paso in the United States at a young age. The MLS, U.S. Soccer and FC Dallas websites all listed him as being born in El Paso, Texas. FC Dallas later confirmed that Zendejas had been born in Mexico.
On October 1, 2014, Zendejas signed a homegrown player contract with FC Dallas, making him the 13th homegrown signing in club history. However, he was not eligible to play for the first team until the 2015 season. He made his professional debut on May 1, 2015, in a 4–1 victory over Houston Dynamo.
On June 23, 2016, Zendejas signed with Liga MX C.D. Guadalajara. In order to meet with the club's tradition of only using Mexican players, Zendejas agreed to reject future U.S. national team call-ups and accept Mexico national team call-ups if they ever occur. Zendejas was registered with the first team and was given the number 29 jersey, the same kit he had at Dallas. Zendejas made his Liga MX debut on August 6, in a match against Querétaro.
Loan at Zacatepec
In a press conference, Chivas coach Matias Almeyda confirmed some youth players would be sent out on loan to sister club Zacatepec to get playing time. On June 8, 2017, Zacatepec announced they had signed Zendejas on loan. Zendejas scored his first professional goal in a Copa MX match against Cruz Azul. He scored his first Ascenso MX goal on August 12, 2017, against Murciélagos F.C. Zacatepec would go on to win 1-0 with his goal.
Zendejas was a member the United States under-17 squad that competed at the 2015 CONCACAF U-17 Championship. Overall, he gained 27 caps and scored four goals for the U-17 national team. After joining Mexican club C.D. Guadalajara, Zendejas agreed to reject future U.S. national team call-ups and accept Mexico national team call-ups if they occur.
- "Tom Marshall on Twitter".
- "FC Dallas signs 13th Homegrown player Alejandro Zendejas". FCDallas.com. FC Dallas Media Services. October 1, 2014. Retrieved May 2, 2015.
- Lovell, Darrell (May 1, 2015). "Match Recap: FC Dallas 4, Houston Dynamo 1". FCDallas.com. Retrieved May 2, 2015.
- C.V., Chivas de Corazon S.A. de. "Nueva incorporación para el Rebaño".
- "FC Dallas winger Alex Zendejas set to join Chivas - sources".
- "Sources: FC Dallas homegrown Zendejas set for Chivas move". goal.com. Ives Galarcep and Jon Arnold. June 23, 2016. Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- MX, LIGA MX / ASCENSO. "LIGA MX - Página Oficial de la Liga del Fútbol Profesional en México .: Bienvenido". www.ligamx.net.
- "2015 statistics". USsoccer.com. Retrieved May 2, 2015.
- a.esteban (August 25, 2017). "Sorpresas en Sub 21".
- "Regresó el Gigante". chivasdecorazon.com.mx. May 28, 2017. Retrieved May 28, 2017.[permanent dead link]
- "¡Chivas Campeón de la SuperCopa MX!". chivasdecorazon.com.mx. July 10, 2016. Retrieved July 10, 2016.
- "Hace historia en la Copa". chivasdecorazon.com.mx. April 19, 2017. Retrieved April 19, 2017.