All in All Azhagu Raja
|All in All Azhagu Raja|
|Directed by||M. Rajesh|
|Produced by||K. E. Gnanavel Raja|
|Written by||M. Rajesh|
|Music by||S. Thaman|
|Edited by||Vivek Harshan|
All in All Azhagu Raja is a 2013 Tamil-language romantic comedy film written and directed by M. Rajesh. It featured Karthi, Prabhu, Kajal Aggarwal and Santhanam. The film was released on 2 November 2013, received negative reviews and became a box office flop.
Azhagu Raja (Karthi), is the only son of the Muthukrishnan family. He owns an unpopular cable channel called "Triple A". The cable company has only two employees, Raja and Kalyanam (Santhanam). Nothing they do improves the company's fortunes. By chance, Raja meets Devi Priya (Kajal Aggarwal) when she is singing at a wedding. Her unusual voice irritates him and they argue. However, Priya eventually agrees that she cannot sing well. Priya says she fails at everything she tries, even suicide. As their friendship blossoms, Raja tells his father, Muthukrishnan, about Priya which triggers a memory in Muthukrishnan. Raja steps into Muthukrishnan's 1980s world. Muthukrishnan once worked with Priya's grandfather, played by (Nassar), who insulted him. Muthukrishnan and Priya's father, Kandhaswamy reject Raja's marriage to Priya. Muthukrishnan and Kandhaswamy meet and realise is the reason for the problems of the families; finally Raja and Priya then can marry.
- Karthi as Azhagu Raja and Young Muthukrishnan
- Prabhu as Muthukrishnan
- Kajal Aggarwal as Chitra Devi Priya
- Santhanam as Kalyanam (Kareena Chopra) and Kali
- Radhika Apte as Young Meenakshi
- Saranya Ponvannan as Meenakshi Muthukrishnan
- Aadukalam Naren as Kanthasamy
- M. S. Bhaskar as Dhillaana Divyanathan
- Sriranjini as Kanthasamy's wife
- Nassar as Burma Ramasamy
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Chokkanathan
- Santhana Bharathi as Khader Bhai
- V. S. Raghavan as Moorthy
- Subbu Panchu as the Doctor
Production, promotion and distribution
Rajesh first announced a project with Karthi called Kaagitha Kappal but it did not proceed and Rajesh went on to Oru Kal Oru Kannadi. In 2012, Rajesh announced "All in All Azhaguraja", He named the new project with Karthi after a character played by Goundamani in the film Vaidehi Kaathirundhal. Rajesh's usual comedian Santhanam would provide the comic relief. Kajal Aggarwal was selected as the heroine. She had worked with Karthi in Naan Mahaan Alla. Prabhu joined the cast. Initially, Narain denied being a part of the film project. Filming began with tests and stills and then on 2 March 2013, the filming schedule began. The songs were very colourful and in the song 'yamma yamma' art director Jacki has created sets using utensils, old records and many other interesting elements. The satellite rights of the film were sold to Sun TV. The film's first look teaser was released on 6 September 2013. The theatrical trailer was released on 9 October 2013.
All in All Azhagu Raja received negative reviews from critics. Baradwaj Rangan wrote, "What a wretched, bloated, unfunny mess this is, with the ugliest segues between comedy and melodrama in recent memory. Scenes go on and on with no point, and as a result, the film goes on and on pointlessly." Rediff.com gave it 1.5 stars out of 5 and wrote, "All in All Azhagu Raja is an absolutely ridiculous and tortuously long romantic comedy film that seriously tests your patience." Sify wrote, "All in All Azhaguraja falls flat on its face... it is an ordeal to sit through this profoundly irritating film...it lacks basic storyline and took the audiences for granted. The film has no real script to speak of, at best a skeletal plot and in its final verdict termed the film as a "Big Bore". Prakash Upadhyaya of OneIndia called it "A comedy story presented in a boring way." Behindwoods said, "All in All Azhaguraja lacks the Rajesh - Santhanam magic" and rated it 2.25 out of 5.0. Indiaglitz said that while Rajesh has a history for being able "to milk humor out of a thin storyline without much trouble," he failed to do so in this film.
|All in All Azhaguraja|
|Soundtrack album to All in All Azhaguraja by S. Thaman|
|Released||10 October 2013|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Sony Music India|
|S. Thaman chronology|
The music for the film, including the soundtrack, was initially reported to have been composed by Yuvan Shankar Raja. In fact, it was S. Thaman. The audio was launched on 10 October 2013 by the actor, Surya. Behindwoods called the soundtrack "Simple and enjoyable."
|1.||"All in All"||Suchith Suresan|
|2.||"Yaarukkum Sollama"||Rahul Nambiar|
|3.||"Unnai Partha Neram"||Vijay Yesudas, Srivardhini|
|4.||"Ore Oru"||Javed Ali|
|5.||"Yamma Yamma"||Sooraj Santhosh, Shreya Ghoshal|
- "Karthi says no to Gautham." IndiaGlitz.com 21 March 2012 Accessed 15 May 2012.
- "Karthi's double delight." The New Indian Express.
- "'All in All Azhaguraja' Review Roundup: Joke is on Audiences". International Business Times. 3 November 2013.
Karthi's "All in All Azhaguraja" (AAA) has received negative reviews from critics, who have termed it as a film that lacks a simple storyline.
- All In All Azhagu Raja Preview Oneindia.in.
- "Karthi’s Next Is Kagitha Kappal." Behindwoods.com 25 March 2011. Accessed 4 August 2012.
- "Karthi as 'All In All Azhagu Raja'?" IndiaGlitz.com 15 December 2011. Accessed 4 August 2012.
- First Goundamani, then Karthi and now its Karunaas. behindwoods.com. 17 November 2012.
- "Kajal Aggarwal in Karthi's next film?". Times of India. 14 May 2012. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- "Karthi Sivakumar to romance Kajal Aggarwal again". Times of India. 16 May 2012. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "Tamil actor Narain to feature in 'All In All Azhagu Raja'". IBNLive. 3 March 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "Narain denies role in Rajesh's film". Times of India. 11 March 2013. Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- "Tamil actor Karthi is handsful with films 'Biryani' and 'All in All Azhagurja'". IBNLive. 3 March 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2013.
- "All in All AzhaguRaja Official First Look Teaser".
- Video on YouTube
- Rangan, Baradwaj (5 November 2013). "All in All Azhagu Raja: What a drag!". The Hindu. Chennai, India.
- Review: All in All Azhagu Raja is a waste of time - Rediff.com Movies
- Movie Review : All in All Azhaguraja-A profoundly irritating film
- All in All Azhagu Raja Review - Oneindia Entertainment
- All In All Azhagu Raja (aka) All In All Azhagu Raja review
- All In All Azhaguraja Tamil Movie Review - cinema preview stills gallery trailer video clips showtimes
- "Yuvan Joins Hands With Karthi And Rajesh". Behindwoods. 20 March 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Thaman roped in for All in All Azhaguraja". IndiaGlitz. 26 October 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "'All in All Azhaguraja' audio launched! - The Times of India". The Times Of India. 10 October 2013.
- All in All Azhagu Raja Songs Review All in All Azhagu Raja Songs Review