|Beauty pageant titleholder|
May 22, 1985 |
Rexburg, Idaho, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Title(s)||Miss Idaho Teen USA 2003
Miss Idaho USA 2007
|Miss Teen USA 2003
Miss USA 2007
Amanda Rammell (born May 22, 1985) is an American actress and former beauty pageant titleholder from Rexburg, Idaho who has competed in the Miss Teen USA pageant and the Miss USA competition. She is the eldest daughter of politician Rex Rammell.
Rammell won the Miss Idaho Teen USA pageant on October 19, 2002 and later represented Idaho in the Miss Teen USA 2003 pageant broadcast live from Palm Springs, California in August 2003. She failed to place in the nationally televised pageant, which was won by Tami Farrell of Oregon.
In 2006, Rammell competed for the Miss Idaho USA title and won the crown on her first attempt. She was crowned on October 28, 2006, a day when another former Miss Teen USA delegate, Amber Seyer of Missouri won the Miss Missouri USA crown, and a third former Miss Teen USA delegate won the Miss North Carolina USA title. Rammell was the sixth former Miss Teen USA delegate to win a Miss USA 2007 state title, and the fourth from the class of 2003 to win such a title. Rammell competed in the Miss USA 2007 pageant that was broadcast live from the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood, California on March 23, 2007 and failed to place. Her "sister" titleholder was Krista McNeal of Sandpoint, Miss Idaho Teen USA 2007.
Rammell graduated from Madison High School in 2003 and attended the Brigham Young University-Idaho. She was encouraged to enter pageants by former Miss Idaho Teen USA and Miss Idaho USA Brandi Sherwood, the only woman to have held both the Miss Teen USA and Miss USA titles.
Rammell created controversy following her win by declaring that she would not be photographed with Idaho Governor Jim Risch because he ordered the killing of a herd of domesticated elk which had escaped her father's ranch. Risch later refused to apologize for his actions.
- "Rexburg Girl Named Miss Idaho". KIFI Local News 8. 2006-10-30. Retrieved 2006-11-05.[dead link] (includes video)
- [dead link]
- Turn for the Judges, Miss Idaho Teen USA pageant information at the Wayback Machine (archived May 1, 2004). Retrieved 2006-11-05
- "Beauty pageant winners named". Idaho Statesman. 2006-11-02. Retrieved 2006-11-05.[dead link]
- "Amanda Rammell Selected as Miss Idaho". KPVI-TV. 2006-10-30. Retrieved 2006-11-05.[dead link] (includes video)
- "New Miss Idaho won't be photographed with guv due to elk fight". The Times-News (Associated Press). 2006-10-30. Retrieved 2006-11-05.[dead link]
- "Idaho gov declines to apologize for ordering emergency elk hunt". Casper Star Tribune. 2006-11-04. Retrieved 2006-11-05.[dead link]
|Awards and achievements|
|Miss Idaho USA