Andrea Lee (fighter)
|Born||February 11, 1989|
Atlanta, Texas, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||125 lb (57 kg; 8.9 st)|
|Reach||69 1⁄2 in (177 cm)|
|Style||Muay Thai, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Kyokushin|
|Team||Karate Mafia |
Gladiators Academy (2018–present)
|Rank||Black belt in Kyokushin |
Brown Belt in Judo
Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Relson Gracie
Kru in Muay Thai under Ajarn Buck Grant and Master Donny Aaron
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Andrea Lee (born February 11, 1989) is an American kickboxer and mixed martial artist who competes in the flyweight division. She is currently signed with UFC. As of February 15, 2021, she is #10 in the UFC women's flyweight rankings. As of November 23, 2020, she is #12 in the UFC women's flyweight rankings.
Mixed martial arts career
Invicta FC & Legacy Fighting
Andrea Lee's first opponent in her Invicta FC debut was Shannon Sinn, a fight in which she won by unanimous decision. Andrea's next opponent was the more experienced Roxanne Modafferi, who defeated her in a close split decision. Lee bounced back by defeating Rachael Ostovich at Invicta FC 14: Evinger vs. Kianzad via armbar submission with seconds left in the fight. Lee then fought for Legacy FC where she defeated Ariel Beck to become the Legacy FC Flyweight Champion. In 2016, Lee fought again for Invicta where she was submitted by Sarah D'Alelio. She was subsequently suspended for nine months due to a positive drug test for a diuretic.
Lee would make her return to Invicta at the beginning of 2017 with a quick knockout victory over Jenny Liou. The following month, she defeated Heather Bassett to become the inaugural LFA women's flyweight champion. Lee followed up with a decision win over Liz Tracy in Invicta and a successful LFA title defense over Jamie Thorton in her fourth fight of the year.
Ultimate Fighting Championships
In September 2017, Lee signed with the UFC initially to make her promotional debut just two weeks after her last fight. She was expected to face Kalindra Faria at UFC 216 but within hours of the bout announcement she was pulled from the card due to a clause in the UFC Anti Doping Policy which requires fighters with prior violations to serve a 6-month period in the testing pool prior to competing.
Lee was expected to face Jessica-Rose Clark on December 15, 2018 at UFC on Fox 31. However, Clark was forced out of the bout as she was hospitalized due to weight cutting issue and deemed medically unfit to compete by UFC physicians. As a result, the bout was cancelled.
Lee faced Lauren Murphy on February 8, 2020 at UFC 247. She lost the fight via controversial split decision. 12 out of 12 MMA media outlets scored the contest for Lee with none scoring it for Murphy.
Championships and awards
Mixed martial arts
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Legacy FC
- 2017 - LFA women’s defending Flyweight world champion
- 2017 - LFA Women's Flyweight Champion (inaugural)
- 2016 - Legacy FC professional women’s flyweight Champion (inaugural)
- 2014 – Legacy FC Amateur Flyweight Champion (inaugural)
- Ascend Combat
- 2013 – Ascend Combat Amateur Flyweight Champion (2 defenses)
- 2014 – International Kickboxing Federation (IKF) World Classic Amateur Featherweight Muay Thai Champion
- 2014 – TBA Amateur World Open Lightweight Muay Thai Champion
- 2014 – WKA Amateur North American Kickboxing Champion
- 2014 – WKA Amateur North American Muay Thai Champion
- 2013 – International Kickboxing Federation (IKF) World Classic Amateur Muay Thai Champion
- 2013 – Amateur National Golden Gloves Champion
- 2013 – Louisiana State Golden Gloves Champion
- 2010 – Louisiana State Golden Gloves Champion
Lee's moniker, KGB, was given by her coach as he thought she looked like a Russian. On one occasion at the Muay Thai World Championships, where Lee secured a victory, the entire Russian team approached her to have pictures taken due to the "KGB" patch on her trunks.
A police report was filed on August 5, 2018 concerning an abuse by Lee's husband, Donny Aaron. Aaron, who created controversy with his Nazi tattoos, was arrested and jailed on May 30, 2019 after nine months on the run, for domestic violence and false imprisonment after burning Andrea with a cigarette and choking her.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|16 matches||11 wins||5 losses|
|Loss||11–5||Roxanne Modafferi||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Waterson vs. Hill||September 12, 2020||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||11–4||Lauren Murphy||Decision (split)||UFC 247||February 8, 2020||3||5:00||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Loss||11–3||Joanne Calderwood||Decision (split)||UFC 242||September 7, 2019||3||5:00||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Win||11–2||Montana De La Rosa||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Moicano vs. Korean Zombie||June 22, 2019||3||5:00||Greenville, South Carolina, United States|
|Win||10–2||Ashlee Evans-Smith||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on ESPN: Ngannou vs. Velasquez||February 17, 2019||3||5:00||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
|Win||9–2||Veronica Macedo||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Maia vs. Usman||May 19, 2018||3||5:00||Santiago, Chile||Fight of the Night.|
|Win||8–2||Jamie Thorton||Submission (kimura)||LFA 23||September 22, 2017||2||2:54||Bossier City, Louisiana, United States||Defended the LFA Women's Flyweight Championship.|
|Win||7–2||Liz Tracy||Decision (split)||Invicta FC 23: Porto vs. Niedźwiedź||May 20, 2017||3||5:00||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Win||6–2||Heather Bassett||Submission (armbar)||LFA 4||February 17, 2017||3||3:40||Bossier City, Louisiana, United States||Won the inaugural LFA Women's Flyweight Championship.|
|Win||5–2||Jenny Liou||KO (punches)||Invicta FC 21: Anderson vs. Tweet||January 14, 2017||1||1:14||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Loss||4–2||Sarah D'Alelio||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Invicta FC 16: Hamasaki vs. Brown||March 11, 2016||3||4:21||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Lee tested positive for a banned diuretic|
|Win||4–1||Ariel Beck||Submission (armbar)||Legacy FC 49||December 4, 2015||3||4:22||Bossier City, Louisiana, United States||Won the vacant Legacy FC Women's Flyweight Championship.|
|Win||3–1||Rachael Ostovich||Verbal Submission (armbar)||Invicta FC 14: Evinger vs. Kianzad||September 12, 2015||3||4:58||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Loss||2–1||Roxanne Modafferi||Decision (split)||Invicta FC 10: Waterson vs. Tiburcio||December 5, 2014||3||5:00||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Win||2–0||Shannon Sinn||Decision (unanimous)||Invicta FC 9: Honchak vs. Hashi||November 1, 2014||3||5:00||Davenport, Iowa, United States|
|Win||1–0||Kim Colbert||TKO (doctor stoppage)||GFA 27: The Stage||September 19, 2014||1||0:10||Louisiana, United States||Flyweight debut.|
- "Andrea KGB Lee talks Roxanne Modafferi Darkwing Duck and Dio". Vice. Retrieved 2015-09-18.
- Marc Raimondi (February 17, 2019). "UFC vet Tim Credeur compares Andrea Lee to old pupil Dustin Poirier: 'She is intent on your destruction'". mmafighting.com.
- "Andrea Lee - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Archived from the original on February 18, 2019. Retrieved February 17, 2019.
- Donny Aaron (January 10, 2018). "Relson Gracie & Andrea KGB Lee training for her ufc debut & Interview after her Brown Belt promo". YouTube. Retrieved February 17, 2019.
- "Legacy's Second Kickboxing Event Delivers Plenty of Finishes and Wars Results and Highlights". AXS TV. Retrieved 2015-10-03.
- "Andrea Lee Proves She's More Than Just A Pretty Face". Legacy. Retrieved 2015-10-03.
- "KXFC Signs Women's Flyweight Prospect Andrea Lee". Fight Network. Archived from the original on 2018-06-12. Retrieved 2015-10-02.
- "Rankings | UFC". www.ufc.com. Retrieved 2021-02-16.
- "Rankings | UFC". www.ufc.com. Retrieved 2020-11-25.
- "Invicta FC 9 Results: Andrea Lee Outstrikes Shannon Sinn In Bloody Bout". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 2015-09-18.
- "Invicta FC 10 Results: Roxanne Modafferi Gives Andrea K. Lee First Pro Loss". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 2015-08-24.
- "Invicta FC 14 results: Tonya Evinger stops overweight Pannie Kianzad in headliner". MMAjunkie. 2015-09-13. Retrieved 2015-09-18.
- "LFA champ Andrea 'KGB' Lee removed from UFC 216 due to USADA regulations". Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- "Multiple Fights Targeted for the UFC's Debut in Santiago, Chile, Including Debut of KGB Lee". Cageside Press. 2018-02-26. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "UFC Fight Night 129 results: Andrea Lee debuts in style, shuts out Veronica Macedo". MMAjunkie. 2018-05-20. Retrieved 2018-05-20.
- "UFC Fight Night 129 bonuses: Early finishes among $50,000 winners". MMAjunkie. 2018-05-20. Retrieved 2018-05-20.
- MMA Fighting Newswire (2018-09-04). "Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Andrea Lee announced for UFC on FOX 31". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-09-04.
- Ravens, Andrew; MMA, LowKick (2018-12-14). "Jessica-Rose Clark vs. Andrea Lee Pulled From UFC on FOX 31". LowKickMMA.com. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- Mike Heck (2018-12-20). "Andrea Lee in for Lauren Murphy vs. Ashlee Evans-Smith at UFC on ESPN 1". mymmanews.com. Retrieved 2018-12-21.
- "UFC on ESPN 1 results: Andrea Lee too much for Ashlee Evans-Smith, impresses in decision win". MMAjunkie. 2019-02-18. Retrieved 2019-02-18.
- "Andrea Lee vs. Montana De La Rosa targeted for UFC on ESPN+ 11 in June". MMA Junkie. 2019-04-08. Retrieved 2019-04-09.
- Anderson, Jay (2019-06-22). "UFC Greenville Results: KGB Lee Puts On a Show Against Montana De La Rosa". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2019-06-23.
- John Morgan (2019-07-03). "Joanne Calderwood vs. Andrea Lee booked for UFC 242 in Abu Dhabi". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-07-03.
- Sherdog.com. "Joanne". Sherdog. Retrieved 2019-09-07.
- Newswire, MMA Fighting (2019-11-13). "Andrea Lee vs. Lauren Murphy set for UFC event on Feb. 8 in Houston". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2019-11-14.
- USA Today, MMA Junkie (2020-02-09). "UFC 247 results: Lauren Murphy edges Andrea Lee in hard-fought war". MMA Junkie. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- MMADecisions (2020-02-08). "Lauren Murphy defeats Andrea Lee". mmadecisions.com. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- DNA, MMA. "Roxanne Modafferi vs. Andrea Lee toegevoegd aan UFC evenement op 12 september". Retrieved 2020-07-10.
- Doherty, Dan (2020-09-12). "UFC Vegas 10 Results: Roxanne Modafferi Takes Razor Close Fight Over Andrea Lee". Cageside Press. Retrieved 2020-09-13.
- DNA, MMA (2020-11-21). "Andrea Lee vs. Gillian Robertson toegevoegd aan UFC 256 in Las Vegas". MMA DNA. Retrieved 2020-11-21.
- Jay Anderson (2020-12-05). "Gillian Robertson now fights Taila Santos at UFC Vegas 17". cagesidepress.com. Retrieved 2020-12-06.
- Nolan King and Mike Bohn (2021-02-25). "Andrea Lee vs. Antonina Shevchenko added to UFC 262 on May 15". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2021-02-25.
- "Andrea Lee". Awakening Fighters. Retrieved 2014-10-03.
- "Andrea Lee Proves She's More Than Just A Pretty Face". Legacy. Retrieved 2015-10-03.
- Sherdog.com. "5 Things You Might Not Know About Andrea Lee". Sherdog. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- "Donny Aaron, Husband of UFC Fighter Andrea Lee, Faces Domestic Violence Charges". Sherdog. Retrieved 2021-02-12.
- "Andrea Lee's estranged husband, Donny Aaron, jailed after nine months on the run". MMA Junkie. 2019-05-31. Retrieved 2019-05-31.
- Sherdog.com. "Andrea". Sherdog. Retrieved 2019-11-22.