This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||February 14, 1973|
|Occupation||Director / Journalist|
|Title||Executive Producer, Vice Media|
This section needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Capper's career in journalism started at age 19, reporting on crime on local newspapers in the North West of England. He moved to London at age 25 and started working with the New Musical Express. After a brief period editing Bizarre Magazine, Capper met Shane Smith of Vice Media LLC and introduced him to Andrew Creighton. Capper then started the UK division of Vice with Creighton. From 2002 to November 2017, Capper was Senior Director / Producer / Editor at Vice Media LLC, creating series' such as Rule Britannia (TV series) as well co-producing two seasons of the six-part Vice.com series Fashion Week Internationale which later became known as States Of Undress on the VICELAND TV network. Together with Charlet Duboc and William Fairman, travelling to Fashion Week in locations such as Islamabad, New York, Medellin, Phonm Penh and Lagos, Nigeria. In 2014, he created the Vice.com series' Weediquette and The Real, and was awarded an Emmy for segments he produced for Vice's show on the HBO network. In 2016 Capper was the Executive Producer and Director of the show Noisey, an eight-part series on the VICELAND TV network which featured artists such as Kendrick Lamar, Rick Ross, DJ Khaled, Big Sean, Danny Brown, Diplo, Chief Keef, Common and others.
Capper has directed several promo videos for artists like Snoop Dogg, ASAP Rocky, Vybz Kartel, Fucked Up, Black Lips, Haleek Maul, Parquet Courts, Turbonegro, Popcaan, Beenie Man and Tifa, as well as creating and producing the Noisey.com franchises Noisey Chiraq, Noisey Jamaica and Noisey Raps. Capper also worked with Jonathan Glazer and J Spaceman of Spiritualized on an installation for The Creators Project at the Coachella Festival which centred on the Spiritualized song "Ladies & Gentleman, We Are Floating In Space". In 2014 he shot a tour documentary around the Brooklyn band Parquet Courts called Light Up Gold Road Trip, which will be released April 17 on Noisey.com as the first ever Noisey Films production.
Capper's feature-length documentary Reincarnated follows the rapper Snoop Dogg's transformation into reggae performer Snoop Lion, premiering at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival with a theatrical release in April 2013. In January this year he directed two Snoop videos in Jamaica for the companion album Reincarnated: "Lighters Up" featuring Mavado and Popcaan, and "Here Comes The King" featuring Angela Hunte.
Lil Bub & Friendz
Chiraq is an 8-part documentary for Vice's music channel Noisey on the social and cultural forces behind the rise of the Chicago rapper Chief Keef, created by Capper after trips to the city for VICE on the HBO network.
Suddenly is an hour-long documentary on New York artist ASAP Rocky, directed by David Laven and produced by Capper.
Atlanta is a ten part documentary series about drug trafficking and Trap music in the Atlanta area, which was released in 2015. The project was popular and controversial, particularly when a court in Georgia used the series as evidence against the Atlanta rap group Migos in a case where the artists were racially profiled and arrested by the authorities after a show on a university campus.
Eight hour-long films about music and geography for the VICELAND network. Season One: Compton with Kendrick Lamar, São Paulo with Major Lazer, Miami with Rick Ross and DJ Khaled, Jamaica with Popcaan, Chronixx and Jesse Royal, Las Vegas with Tiësto, Steve Angello and Justin Bieber, Detroit with Big Sean and Danny Brown, Chicago with Chief Keef, Lil Durk and Common, London with Giggs, Skepta and Jammer.
The franchise also featured the rapper YG interviewed by a therapist and a special report on gang violence in Chicago. Season Two will air in January 2017.
Season Two: Six hour long films; Bay Area with G-Eazy, E-40, Nasvhille with Kesha, Paris with Niska, MHD, Seoul with Taeyang of Big Bang, Atlanta with Migos, Lil Yachty, Young Thug, Killer Mike and Lagos with Wizkid and Femi Kuti.
Season Two won the 2017 Realscreen Award for Outstanding Achievement Non-Fiction & Culture.
- Skins & Punks with Gavin Watson (Vice) 
- Heavy Metal In Baghdad with Gabi Sifre (Vice)
- The World According To Vice (Canongate)
- Dos & Donts Compendium (Vice) 
In recent times Capper has produced video content throughout the Vice.com franchises, including the following long-form documentaries:
- The Vice Guide To Liberia (with Shane Smith: Webby Award Winner Best Travel & Adventure doc / People's Choice Winner).
- Rule Britannia (TV series) (2009-2013)
- Blackpool, Las Vegas Of The North (with Leo Leigh)
- Swansea Love Story (with Leo Leigh: Webby Award Official Honoree)
- Beautiful Liverpool (with Leo Leigh)
- Afghanistan In The UK (with Jason Mojica)
- Teenage Riot (with Alex Miller)
- Fraud (with William Fairman)
- Roseboy (with Jamie Lee Curtis Taete and Billie JD Porter)
- Vice News
- Vice News: Krokodil Tears (with Alison Severs and Al Brown)
- Vice News: The Vice Guide To Belfast (with Stuart Griffiths and Michael Moynihan)
- Music World: Donk (with Andy Soup)
- The Vice Guide To Sex: Mandingo! (with William Fairman)
- 2013: Lil Bub & Friendz (director)
- 2013: Reincarnated
- Noisey Chiraq (with Gregory "Beef" Jones)
- Noisey Jamaica
- Noisey Jamaica 2
- Apocalypse, Man
- 2014: SVDDXNLY
- Weediquette series on Vice.com
- The Real series on Vice.com
- Vice News: Jamaican Bud Business
- Vice News: Ebola In Town!
- Vice News: Inside Libya's Militias
- Motherboard: Island Of The Apes
- Noisey Atlanta
- 2015 to 2016
- Noisey TV series on VICELAND
- Season One
- "Sao Paulo"
- "Las Vegas"
- Noisey TV series on VICELAND
- Winner of the Realscreen 2017 Award for Outstanding Achievement Non-Fiction & Culture
- Season Two
- "Bay Area"
- "Lil B: Believe In Earth". A short film about the Bay Area artist Lil B.
- "The Therapist" TV show on VICELAND
- Musicians receive therapy from Dr Siri Sat Nam Singh
- Freddie Gibbs
- Waka Flocka Flame
- Young M.A
- Corey Taylor
- O.T Genesis
- Andy Capper - Editor, Vice Magazine (UK and Europe) Archived December 12, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. Press Gazette. 21 October 2005
- "The Creator's Project". Archived from the original on 2012-01-06.
- Capper, Andy (July 23, 2008). "www.theguardian.com/profile/andycapper". The Guardian. London.
- Capper, Andy (March 16, 2008). "www.theguardian.com/music/2008/mar/16/features.musicmonthly17". The Guardian. London.
- Makarechi, Kia (2013-03-18). "'Lil Bub & Friendz' Trailer: From Meme To The Movies (VIDEO)". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2013-04-08.
- "Lil Bub & Friendz | 2013 Tribeca Film Festival". Tribecafilm.com. Archived from the original on 2013-04-26. Retrieved 2013-04-25.
- The Editors (2013-04-25). "Here Are Your TFF 2013 Award Winners | Tribeca". Tribecafilm.com. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
- Spangler, Todd (2017-12-15). "Disney Will Get More Vice After Acquiring 21st Century Fox's $70 Million Stake". Variety. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- "Skins & Punks".
- "Heavy Metal In Baghdad".
- "The World According Vice".
- "Dos & Don'ts Compendium".