Ariel Award for Best Actress
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Ariel Award for Best Actress (Spanish Ariel a Mejor Actriz) is a Mexican Academy of Film Award. It was awarded twice in 1947, then annually from 1948 through 1958, was not awarded from 1959 through 1971, and has been awarded annually since 1972. The award recognizes excellence in acting by a lead actress in Mexican cinema. It is considered the most prestigious award in the Mexican movie industry.
Winners and Candidates
- 1947 Dolores del Río – Las Abandonadas as Margarita Perez
In 1947, two ceremonies were held
- 1947 María Félix – Enamorada as Beatriz Peñafiel
- 1948 Blanca Estela Pavón – When the brave cry as Cristina
- 1949 María Félix – Río Escondido as Rosaura Salazar
- 1950 Marga López – Salon Mexico as Mercedes Gomez
- 1951 María Félix – Doña Diabla as Angela
- 1952 Dolores del Río - as 'Doña Perfecta'
- 1953 Stella Inda -The Rebozo de Soledad as 'Solitude'
- 1954 Dolores del Río – The Child and the Fog and Marta
- 1955 Marga López – The Delivery as Julia Yanez
- 1956 Prudencia Grifell – A Woman in the Street as 'Nena'
- 1957 Silvia Pinal – Madness Pasional as Mabel Mendoza
- 1958 Silvia Pinal -The Sweet Enemy as 'Lucrecia'
' in 1958 was the last delivery of Ariel in the decade since the ceremony would be suspended 14 years. In 1972 it would resume the delivery of Ariel. '
- 1972 Rita Macedo – You, me, us
- 1973 Lucha Villa – Mechanics National as 'Isabel'
- 1974 Katy Jurado – Faith, Hope and Charity as 'Eulogio'
- 1975 Pilar Pellicer – The Crush as 'The Crush'
- 1976 Rocío Bambrila – anyway you Juan Llamas
- 1977 Martha Navarro – The Passion According Berenice as 'Berenice Bejarano'
- 1978 María Rojo – Shipwreck as 'Leticia'
- 1979 Adriana Roel – Anacrusis as 'Victory'